Angry trumpet critic

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by simonstl, Oct 25, 2013.

1. afp

afp Pianissimo User

Oct 9, 2013
    Roseburg, OR
    Nothing a right cross wouldn't resolve....... ;-)

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Perhaps studying about the person who died on the cross may be more beneficial.

3. mgcoleman

mgcoleman Mezzo Forte User

Jun 22, 2010
    Iowa
    Wow, that guy has problems. He might be mental, he might be staging the whole thing...who knows.

4. afp

afp Pianissimo User

Oct 9, 2013
    Roseburg, OR
    Maybe, but people rarely change, and a personal relationship with the person for whom the cross did not defeat is simply not compelling for most people. The right cross would be immediately compelling.......

5. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    Au contraire my friend, au contraire. A personal relationship with the one who overcame death is completely compelling, there is no standing against the transformation that is wrought by this.

6. afp

afp Pianissimo User

Oct 9, 2013
    Roseburg, OR
    I agree is SHOULD be, but 85% of us who believe in what happened on the cross make that decision as children. That fact says it isn't compelling for most adults.

7. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm not here for a religious debate, merely presenting what the Gospel says on the matter.
    I will not discuss this further.

8. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    I didn't realize that "New York City Zoo" was redundant until I visited there.

9. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    This comment to the video is priceless:

"I can relate to the little dude. I went off a street musician once after his third night of attempting to play the sax and busk for coins in front of my building.
    But not being a New York Jew, nor one for small talk, (I'm Aussie) I opted for throwing a garbage can at him and told him I'd kick his ass if he ever came back.
    He didn't. Musicians are annoying as ****."

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I wish I could now say a left hook followed by a right uppercut resolved many of my problems. Even with a broken nose, I did win the bout on a TKO.

You realize, it takes several weeks before one can resume playing a trumpet when they get a broken nose ... I wasn't really a winner and still have a deviated septum as a consequence and reminder.