Announcing "The Sterling Brass"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jason_boddie, May 17, 2010.

1. jason_boddie

jason_boddie Piano User

Dec 26, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Sterling is simply defined as, " thoroughly excellent". This certainly describes The Sterling Brass.

The Sterling Brass was formed in May 2010. Consisting of 5 very talented players who share the same three goals.

1. Providing quality music for Weddings and Parties.
    2. Introducing new Brass Quintet music to the world.
    3. Introducing Brass Quintet Music to young kids today.

Both Paul, and Shaun have advanced degrees in Compostion, and Amy, and Meaghan are in the field of education.

All of us have the desire to share our style of music with the masses.

Additionally, thank you to all that helped me the other day in talking about pricing for the Quintet.

I also want to thank everybody here for your helping me become a better player, as started my "comeback" status. I am now to the level that playing first book in a Quintet is possible and I am super excited.

I want to additionally thank the moderators, and Artist in Residence. And Rowuk "the man" trumpet dude. I like his post the best, because they always brig me back down and state the obvious which I always overlook.

Again, thank you all......

Jason I Boddie
    Sterling Brass

2. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Best of luck. Post some playing samples on U-Tube if you get a chance.

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    :thumbsup:

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I am confused. I thought my posts got people riled up instead of bringing them down (not normally my intent, it just happens to work out that way!

Anyway, congrats on the group. As I often post, success is measured in months and years, FUN can be seconds, minutes, hours or days. Let's see how you are doing around Christmas!

5. jason_boddie

jason_boddie Piano User

Dec 26, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Rowuk,

I hope you did not take my post in a negative light. It can be sometimes difficult to tell through text. I really to value your words of wisdom, and the humble determination they create.

As for the Christmas season, we will be ordering the Canandian Brass Christmas Books this week. We should have them ready to roll by the holiday season. Which I hope to be busy......

6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Order some Christmas Crackers while you are there - you get a funny paper hat, a joke, and a trinket - such fun. ROFL