ANNOUNCING THE WILD THING “WILD RIDE TOURâ€

Discussion in 'Horns' started by tom turner, Apr 26, 2004.

1. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    ANNOUNCING THE WILD THING “WILD RIDE TOURâ€

In response to requests and interest, Flip Oakes agreed to send a new, silver Wild Thing trumpet out on “tour†for interested individuals who are serious musicians to be able to experience and play test the awesome Wild Thing trumpet!

The tour has been ongoing since February and will soon number fifty participants. The "Wild Ride Tour" is only for members of the Trumpetmaster.com website.

We especially encourage professional musicians and advanced players sign on for the tour so we can get your opinion on the horn. We think you’ll be mightily impressed!

Your only cost is simply shipping the horn, with proper insurance, to the next person via UPS.

RULES

1. You are totally responsible for the horn while in your possession, so treat it and safeguard it well.

2. Try it up to five days MAXIMUM, then ship it immediately to the next person via UPS with insurance!

3. Let me, and Flip know tracking numbers and when you shipped it when you sent it to the next person.

4. Inspect it when it arrives to you and let me and Flip know if it arrived in good condition.

5. Use only the Blue Juice valve oil that comes with the horn!!!

6. Do not do any modifications to the horn, and don’t twist or jam mouthpieces into the receiver.

7. The last auditioner sends it back to me.

8. Agree to fully review the horn ONLY on the TM site, and ONLY in the Wild Thing areas of the forum. YOU MUST FULLY REVIEW THE HORN HERE IMMEDIATELY AFTER TESTING IT.

9. Flip Oakes and I reserve the right to modify these terms, including terminatiing the tour at any time if necessary.

Please . . . this tour is for mature, serious members of the TrumpetMaster website only. No “Joy Riders†please.

LOGISTICS

SIGN UP SOON! I've worked out a route so the horn doesn't have to travel too far between stops on the “Wild Ride Tour†to keep YOUR shipping charges to the next person as low as possible.

The new silver WT is shipped in the mighty Walt Johnson Wild Thing model custom case . . .a case of incredible ruggedness AND lightness (again, to protect the horn best and keep shipping costs low). Also included will the standard #1 and #2 slides. Make sure to push the tuning slide all the way in before trying to close the tight-fitting Walt Johnson case.

Name

Shipping address

Home address (if different)

Home phone

Work phone

Occupation/major

Skill level

e-mail address

nickname you go by on the TM website

Also, include a statement that you've read the rules and will faithfully abide by them.

DON’T PUBLISH THIS PRIVATE INFORMATION PUBLICALLY. Instead, send it to me via e-mail at: [email protected]

Tom Turner

Flip Oakes Trumpets representative for the US

2. ScreaminTrumpet

ScreaminTrumpet New Friend

Feb 25, 2004
    Lubbock, TX
    Too Late?

Hey Tom,

Is it too late to get in on the fun? I'm down here in Texas and have been itching to get my hands on one of these for a few days.

Thanks

Josh

3. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Hi,

I'd love to have you join three other Texans currently signed up for the tour! Just e-mail me the info and you are "in!"

I'd do it soon though, for the tour may be closed soon due to the number of registrants already signed up . . . for we keep getting more folks per week . . . and the horn can only move ONE spot per week! (In other words, with each week the horn is backing up several weeks longer to those already registered).

I guess this is what you call a "Champagne Headache!"

Sincerely,

Tom Turner

4. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    how about a minnesota 8th grade kid who's been playing for 2 years?

5. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    hey, can I get in on the action???

6. Clarino

Clarino Mezzo Piano User

Nov 9, 2003
    Sheffield, England, UK
    Tom or Flip, it there any chance of you getting the horn over to the UK on the tour? It would be great to try it, as I'm not sure I can get hold of one over here.

7. Flip Oakes

Flip Oakes New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    Oceanside, CA USA
    Wild Ride Tour

Hello Clarino,

Thanks for your inquire !!

However there are many Flip Oakes Bb Wild Thing Trumpets over in the UK.

I have a Distributor over in the UK, he's a great guy, and would be more then happy to meet your needs as to trying a horn. His name is Tony Carter. Please feel free to contact him.

Tony Carter <[email protected]>

http://www.flipoakes.com/eurostore.htm

All The Best,

Flip Oakes

Flip Oakes “Wild Thing Trumpetsâ€
    COME AND HEAR THE DIFFERENCE
    http://www.flipoakes.com

"To read what Wild Thing owners say about their horns, click on this"
    http://www.flipoakes.com/testimonials.htm

Flip Oakes
    2559 Mottino Dr.
    Oceanside, Ca. 92056
    760-643-1501
    760-643-1511 FAX

To Hear the Flip Oakes Wild Thing Trumpet go to
    http://www.flipoakes.com/multimedia.htm

8. Clarino

Clarino Mezzo Piano User

Nov 9, 2003
    Sheffield, England, UK
    Thanks Flip, I'll do that. Although I'm a bit worried that his email address announces him to be a flute player! :shock: Not what I'm looking for in a trumpet! :lol: