Annoying youtube comments

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bumblebee, Sep 8, 2012.

1. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Nick is a wise man. Anyone who posts anything on YouTube should do this .... Most of the comments are worthless anyway. :dontknow:

Turtle

2. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    The comments on YouTube are insane. Even on classical vids by the best artists you'll find people trying to pick fights about ridiculous things. A symptom of internet communication I'm afraid. I linked this girl's clip of Rustiques on a TM thread a while back. I thought she was doing a pretty darn good job, this is by no means an easy piece. I know I'm not ready to even try getting started on it. Rude critiques never post links to their own work.

3. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
    It's much easier to complain than demonstrate ones own ability.

4. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Some of the comments, if you bother to scroll down on them (I try not to), don't actually make any sense. It's almost like Munchkins traveling around the youtube videos, leaving distasteful comments.

Turtle

5. bamajazzlady

bamajazzlady Mezzo Forte User

May 16, 2011
    People forget the saying "if you've got nothing good to say don't say it at all" and Nick D. is doing a great thing by locking the comments option on his channel.

6. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Yeah, who needs random, odd, negative comments when they put themselves out like that on a video? The best place to get comments on your playing, as you are developing, is from your camp .... Your teacher, your parents, your friends and relatives (okay, maybe not the relatives, depending :roll:). They will give constructive criticism, designed to be helpful, and build your confidence, not break it down.

Turtle

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  7. bachfella

bachfella Mezzo Piano User

Oct 11, 2011
    Claymont, DE
    From what I've seen on YouTube, some of the comments posted are actually from knowledgable people, but anybody who'd say a certain make or model of instrument is "designed" to eliminate mistakes or "rough" sounds from one's playing doesn't fit into the "knowlegable" category. Many YouTube comments also come from people who don't understand A THING about what they're listening to, and who seem to enjoy belittling the best efforts of others. To sum up, there's a mix of intelligent and not-so-intelligent comments. Guess it's a risk you take when you post a video.

8. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Ve call zem trolls!! YouTube, TH, TM, you'll find them everywhere. Post something nice on the young lady's behalf if you can.

9. trumpeterjake

trumpeterjake Pianissimo User

Aug 5, 2012
    Connersville, Indiana
    I didn't know bach strads made people sound so good. Now it's official: i'm trading my yamaha for a strad. :roll: This is a reason why I never read comments on videos. Everyone becomes a "BA" behind a computer, the poor guys making the comments are jealous obviously.

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Or he's a Bach stabber!