Another April Fools Joke on CL?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bwanabass, Apr 1, 2013.

1. mchs3d

mchs3d Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2005
    Provo, UT
    So what's the verdict?

2. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    The guy told me it sold for $350. Did you see the Ray Robinson Cup Mute too?

3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    well played joke.. even to the sold price ...
    If I was going to play this game .. I would have emailed and identified myself as the owner of a horn that was stolen from me last year and that I had documentation proving this. A nice picture of a photo shopped valve casing would be provided. I would inform him not to sell the instrument because he would be contacted by law enforcement officials shortly. I would tell him the reason I am notifying him is because now he is aware the property could be stolen and it is a felony to sell stolen property.
    If I were to play the game.

4. Bwanabass

Bwanabass Mezzo Piano User

Jan 20, 2013
    Syracuse, NY
    Yeah, the poster emailed me back overnight and said they ha already gotten a local deal. I like CoolerDave's idea! At least I learned something about Al Cass mouthpieces!

5. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    Dave know how to play the game! LOL!

The best response I got was from our very own Osren... He's a local AZ guy, and he hope his wife won't kill him for buying a $3000 horn for $225
    HeHeHe
    Most of the responses were just guys quietly and quickly trying to get me to meet them as soon as possible. No one bothered to point out that I had drasically underpriced the horn. No one picked up that I was just going to throw away the old cardboard Ray Robinson Cup Mute.

Steve... apologies from me for the prank, you are a good sport. Just that case would have been worth the $225 in the ad! It was a honey pot!

I'll do it better next year! Too obvious this time. Just for the record, there is no horn, nothing is for sale, don't call me!

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    You ghetto man!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Bwanabass

Bwanabass Mezzo Piano User

Jan 20, 2013
    Syracuse, NY
    AHHHHHH! J, that was a great prank. I totally swallowed the hook on that one, although the little voice inside my head had me thinking it couldn't be real. I am looking on the bright side: I won't have to explain to my wife why *another* trumpet-case-sized box has been delivered to our doorstep. ROFL

8. duderubble

duderubble Piano User

Oct 21, 2011
    This was cruel and unusual. lol

9. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    since I took the ad down here is the photo that went with description posted above!
    No one noticed, but the file name is "martin_4-1-2013.jpg"... another clue.

Heck.. just the case was worth $225!

[​IMG]

10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Latches work!!