Another Christmas and it's about that time

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by SteveRicks, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Hornlife98

Hornlife98 Pianissimo User

Nov 16, 2014
    Tennessee
    Santa brought SilentBrass and a Monette B6!

2. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Santa Claus has a very sure taste! :thumbsup:

3. jimc

jimc Mezzo Piano User

May 21, 2009
    Spokane, WA USA
    Well, the only musical gift in our house this year was a Yamaha snare drum kit. (Used, but ├╝ber-complete and in near mint condition for $60 from one of our charitable thrift shops.) I bought it as something of a joke, figuring we would not keep it but would gift it to my wife's symphony which has lost their rehearsal space and the use of said space's percussion, or my son's school, something like that. But my wife, the anti-collector, thinks we should keep it. Who knew!

I guess I am still waiting for my non-Christmas-present vintage Benge 3X, with Monette mouthpiece, which is in custody of my brother who bought it locally for a very good price. (We will be visiting next week.) This is to serve as my backup horn, and I'm excited. It may well be my primary horn for selected gigs. (Assuming I ever get any more! :-) ) I'm looking forward to trying it out, and his rare 6" Martin trumpet which I last played on maybe 20 years ago, when I started my comeback. (Such as it is.)

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Some special person gave me "Mode for Joe" Joe Henderson with Lee Morgan on Trumpet. The Christmas spirit doesn't get any better than that.