Another day is paradise!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by wrbandel, Sep 18, 2005.

1. wrbandel

wrbandel Pianissimo User

Mar 9, 2005
    Rochester, MN
    Sunny skies, a warm late summer afternoon, a bandshell by the lake, and a fantastic concert outdoors by a world famous orchestra. Priceless!

Manny,
    The orchestra sounded great this afternoon at Lake Harriett. Ellie, and I enjoyed a walk along the lake, watching the sailboats, and just taking in a wonderful summer afternoon concert. It was good to see (and hear) you again.

Warren

2. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Ditto! It was great to meet everyone as well.
    -Jimi

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    One of my favorite things to do...

outdoor concerts.

My favorite moment was Osmo hanging on to a canence point and not resolving until the plane finished flying over. We were busting up back there.

The people I've gotten to meet at these over the years is a treasure trove that makes it all very enjoyable. Glad y'all could make it.

ML

4. iguananaught

iguananaught Pianissimo User

Mar 10, 2005
    I too enjoyed the concert, and especially the "DC-10 fermata". Although I hate playing the one outdoor concert we do up here. We don't have a shell to protect from the wind, ya see. Makes it quite a pain.

I had a couple of friends who asked about the rehearsal time for a concert like that. I guessed that there isn't a lot of time spent on it as most of it is very familiar and well known to you all. So, do you spend one rehearsal on the stuff, or are you just wingin' it like the SCSO does with Stars and Stripes? Let me state that your band wingin' it is infinately better then mine. Oh, and I think our principal clarinet was subbing with your group yesterday. If you steal him from us up here, there WILL be hell to pay! Good clarinetests are hard to find! tell Schickel "hi" for me if you get a chance. Although I will see him in a week.

PT

geez, one more question (SHUT UP, Thorn!), do you happen to know how many trumpet parts there are for Adam's Short Ride? And are they in C, Bb or is the top one in D? Thanks again. I will now go and order my new Arban Platinum edition.