Another Mouthpiece Thread

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Etiennse, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Etiennse

Etiennse Pianissimo User

Nov 20, 2011
    Orange, Nj
    Hey all I was playing with a Bach 3c for a while until i switched to a Bach 1 1/2c. Now I play on a Bach 3B because of its darker tone but if feel like im being held back by the mouthpiece as in not as much air as i want is being pushed through the horn. Is there a dark sound mouthpiece without this small of a throat. or maybe its just me :dontknow:. Not a mouthpiece expert or anything just how im feeling

2. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    If you want to get more air through, why not drill it out?

As for dark mouthpieces, try the Curry equivalent, they are fantastic mouthpieces. There is also the Flip Oaks Extreme, and several companies make TC and TF cup mouthpieces. The Patrick RB3B is another good option, but the list goes on.

3. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Try a Curry 3B. - I was a Bach 3C player for years, and tried a Bach 3B but didn't like it. The Curry 3B. is more like a Bach 3C, but with a deeper cup and 26 throat, which is what I was looking for. Big, rich sound, and it's easier to play than the Bach 3B endurance-wise. A lot of people like the Curry 3BC., too, but since it has a cup and backbore similar to the Bach 3B, I stayed away from it.

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    How about a 1 1/2 B with a 24 backbore?