Any CHI fans out there?

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by JoeCool, Feb 13, 2004.

1. JoeCool

JoeCool New Friend

Dec 9, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Was wondering if there were any Chicago fans out there and if you're disappointed that they haven't done much in recent years as far as original material is concerned. Seems ashame since I really looked up to them as a trumpeter growing up in the 60's and 70's. They helped make it cool to be a horn player. What a great band.

2. Lo

Lo New Friend

Nov 25, 2003
    Toronto,Ontario
    Hi!

I'm 15 and have just heard of Chicago! Man do they do great stuff. Our band is playing an arrangement of 4 of their songs. 24 or 6 to 4, Saturday in the Park, Make me smile and Does anyone really know what time it is? I love playing this. So much fun. Can't wait to play it again!

3. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    The re-release of their Christmas album has some awesome new arrangements. You should all check it out if you haven't already.
    It's a shame that they never released "Stone of Sisyphus." It's one of their best albums.

4. latinjazzcat

latinjazzcat Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    West Virginia
    Chicago's a pretty cool group....a friend turned me on to them last year and I've been trying to add some of their albums to my collection. What's the status on the group? Are they still "together" or did they seperate? They were before my era, so I'm not real familiar with their personel or whether they broke up.

5. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    They're very much still together. I just saw them a few months ago, on their Christmas tour. Still rockin' as always!

6. tiny tim

tiny tim New Friend

Dec 16, 2003
    Oxford & Lausanne, Switz
    The name to remember is: Chicago Transit Authority. Terry Kath set the tone for rock guitar players to come.

7. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Chicago is definitely cool 8)

8. ThePlanets9

ThePlanets9 New Friend

Jan 14, 2004
    KY
    Chicago is awesome! I really like "Night and Day". It is cool because it all remakes of great standards. 8)