Any cool songs for marching band?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Myshilohmy, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Myshilohmy

Myshilohmy Pianissimo User

Jan 6, 2009
    Indiana
    Anyone have any cool suggestions for songs we could do for our marching band? Not to march, just to play as a side-song kind of, like before football games and stuff. In the past we have played Malaguena, La Suerte De Los Tontos, and Spanish Dreams. Anyone know of any cool songs? My director jokingly asked me to look for one and me being the band geek that I am, have decided to do so but have no idea where to start looking.

2. SilverHorn

SilverHorn Pianissimo User

Feb 2, 2009
    Alabama
    Where do I start, there are so many GOOD songs it's sick. Here's just a few off the top of my head:
    Get It On, Birdland, Georgia On My Mind, Basket Case, Sir Duke, The Horse, Pick Up The Pieces, the list goes on and on. I know others here will be able to add to it.

Check the Hal Leonard website, as well as ebay.

3. YamaMan

YamaMan Pianissimo User

Nov 29, 2008
    Get it On, Louie Louie, Living on a Prayer... Those are all favorites here.

4. oldlips48

oldlips48 Piano User

Mar 1, 2007
    Silverhorn's on the mark. "The Horse", what a classic. How about any of the early Chicago tunes? Anything by Bill Chase.

5. SilverHorn

SilverHorn Pianissimo User

Feb 2, 2009
    Alabama
    Brickhouse, Fat Bottom Girls, I'm a Believer, Neutron Dance, Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. Those were all done in marching band. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Marching band was my specialty.

6. YamaMan

YamaMan Pianissimo User

Nov 29, 2008
    The marching band here did Bill Chase as their main show this season. They played
    Open Up Wide, Handbags and Gladrags, and Get it On. Fantastic for a half-time show, but of those three, Get it On would be the only one that would work for pep band stuff. Maybe Open Up Wide...
    But 90% of the other stuff by him would be perfect: Living in Heat, Hello Groceries, Swanee River... The problem is that I am not aware of any arrangements for any songs besides the three I mentioned earlier.

7. oldlips48

oldlips48 Piano User

Mar 1, 2007
    Brickhouse is AWESOME.....

8. Jurandr

Jurandr Pianissimo User

Feb 23, 2008
    Illinois
    Chameleon

Hey, Baby

Up up and away

Smoke on the Water

There's a bunch of others.. I've got a folder full of them, if I can locate it!

9. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    yass!!!
    i call it

CRAZY TRAIN

cant go without it...

also eye of the tiger is great toooooo....

ESPN is cool

go big orange is cool... if your doing a basket ball game you have the director conduct REALLY slow than he speeds it up as the clock is winding down till ur goin REALLY FAST as the buzzer goes off... awesome effect the crowd luvs it
    it awesome if the cheerleaders are trying to do a routine to it cuz they all give up once it gets too fast
    CHEER FAILZ

lol

Final count down...

jump by van halen

classics...

10. GoodMusic@PA

[email protected] Piano User

Aug 7, 2008
    final countdown was fun...