Any cool songs for marching band?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Myshilohmy, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Hi myshilomy,
    I'd check with Drum Corp International (DCI). Madison Scout's version of Maleguena and The Cadets of Bergen County's stuff is killer. Oh yeah, The Phantom Regiment's (I think it's them) version of Phantom of the Opera(done in 1988) is just wow to say the least.

2. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    "Who Are You?" by The Who

3. TrumpetGirl7

TrumpetGirl7 New Friend

May 28, 2008
    Iron Man and Crazy Train are both fun stands tunes. I also heard a pretty cool marching band version of Paint It Black. This year we did Takin' It to the Streets, April in Paris and Birdland. It was a very fun show, so any of those songs are always good. New World Symphony, Mvmt. 4 Finale is also a great tune for marching band. Besides those, basically what everyone else has said.

4. Bachstul

Jan 25, 2009
    The theme song from "The Newlywed Game" would stir up some ghosts with the older folks. It is a cool tune.

Hey you wanted suggestions, not a list of what has already been done 16,000 times over in 673 different stadiums, right?

5. edcon1981

edcon1981 Mezzo Forte User

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    in my senior year in high school, my director titled the marching band's repertoire "John Williams In Concert". this was the best season we had, and ended my marching band career on a great note. John Williams is the well known composer of many movie scores which include (but is in no way limited to) Jurassic Park, E.T., Indiana Jones, Star Wars.

these songs are really fun to play and are always well recognized by the audience.

6. Bachstul

Jan 25, 2009
    "Heavy Metal"- Sammy Hagar

7. xxdkthxx

xxdkthxx New Friend

Feb 17, 2009
    Lafayette Indiana
    Score!:thumbsup:

oh and The First Circle by pat metheny is an awesome song to play

8. Bachstul

Jan 25, 2009
    "Live and Let Die" By Paul McCartney and Wings

That was too easy, this one is pending on the score of the game, however!

No, young'un, it is not by "Guns-n-Roses"

9. GuitarPlayer05

GuitarPlayer05 New Friend

Apr 17, 2008
    Lincoln, NE
    Well, I think ALL of the songs mentioned with one of two exceptions we have in our folders here. A REALLY good new tune we got this year was "The Movement" by Young Blood Brass Band. Really good beat as long as you have the low brass to do it. and there's vocals.