Any doubt about the Olympus bell size?

Discussion in 'Horns' started by MUSICandCHARACTER, Mar 29, 2004.

1. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    My son, the euphonium player, saw the Olympus I demoed across 4 states last week. He asked to give it a blow (using a Jet Black 3C Kelly Mouthpiece). He is a 12 year old who wears an adult medium shirt. Any doubt about the bell size? :D

[​IMG]

M&C

2. Zeusfan

Zeusfan New Friend

Mar 20, 2004
    This was the first time I have seen a copper bell Olympus in the "wild" before. That is a beautiful horn.

I took my Olympus to show my dad's high school trumpet players this weekend and they freaked out. They thought it was the coolest horn they had ever seen. A tenor sax player thought the horn was so cool that he is ordering a tenor from me this week. It has to be a pretty good horn to make a woodwind player envy a brass players equipment.

3. Reverend

Reverend Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2003
    Greater Houston area
    That IS a big bell! What a looker!

Horn sure looks familiar! 8)

Blessings,

4. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Rev,

Can't imagine why the horn looks familiar. Between you and me, we have demoed that horn across the midwest and Texas. Everyone who has played it has been just amazed by it. I have had great fun demoing this horn as you probably have. I have met some great players, had fun conversations.

It is a good looking horn! But that poor kid just looks too much like his dad :wink:

M&C

5. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003
    out

6. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    It ain't the size of your bells...it's what you can do with 'em.

7. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hey Romey LIVES!!!

I thought you had fallen off of the planet!!! Or maybe i have simply missed your posts?

Nice to see you back anyhow!

Regards

Leigh

8. Horn of Praise

Horn of Praise Pianissimo User

Nov 1, 2003
    United States
    I don't believe that Romey ever "really" leaves. I think he just stops posting for a while...to see if we're paying attention. :wink: