Any Fun Songs?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Flugellover, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Flugellover

Flugellover New Friend

Dec 20, 2011
    I'm looking for some fun songs to play. I would prefer something lyrical that is in e minor, and something I can find for free on the internet, but I would love to hear anything else anyone likes.

2. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    I enjoy playing from the Beatles Songbook, from memory Eleanor Rigby is in E minor.

Regards, Stuart..

3. graysono

graysono Mezzo Forte User

Jan 22, 2007
    Hyde Park, Utah
    Summertime. Should be in Wikifonia if you cannot find it anywhere else. You can transpose it there to any key.

4. ChopsGone

ChopsGone Forte User

Jan 26, 2009
    Northern California
    It's not in e, but on a flugelhorn, "Petit Fleur" is about as lyrical and fun to play as anything you'll find. Since the flugelhorn's compass is so close to that of a soprano sax, and they're both Bb instruments, just download a copy for fish horn and have at it. Some of the intervals are quite interesting. The same applies to much of Sidney Bechet's work, such as "Si Tu Vois Ma Mère".

5. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    "Serenade" by Gretry on the back of the Arban book; dunno if it is in the commonly used version, my own book is a quite unusual edition with more stuff in the back.
    E minor, pretty, simple, quite feasible to use as basis for improvising.

6. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Java is absolutely fabulously fun to play. Youtube, Al Hirt who does a great rendition>

7. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    Zelda's Lullaby from the Legend of Zelda. You can find it free and it is very lyrical. It is meant for an ocarina but adapted for trumpet (I like it best on Flugel)

8. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  9. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Check this one out, the most beautiful and lyrical piece I have ever heard...I LOVE it! I played it in church in my own wedding....man I cried :-) (I think everyone else was bored)

Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

10. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.