Any good Grade 5 or higher Solo's out there?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetplayer231, Oct 3, 2012.

1. trumpetplayer231

trumpetplayer231 Banned

Aug 31, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    I have my solo and ensemble event coming up soon and i want to ask you guys if there is any good solo's you would suggest? I was thinking about doing the Concert Etude piece. But i am not quite sure yet, your feedback will really help out for my choice of my solo. Thanks alot if you guys can help out!

2. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    I played Softly Awakes My Heart for Grade 5 and although I'm going for 7 now it remains a favourite solo for me. Note wise its a breeze but to fill it with operatic emotion is the trick. I really would suggest this to anyone wanting either a crowd pleasing solo (audiences love the swooping lines and mostly the end A-G chromaitcish down tot he next interval) or to someone wanting an exercise in both phrasing and interpertation (sp?)

Cheers

Andrew

3. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    Concert Etude by Goedicke is a great piece, I really like it and I think it is stop on for a solo. You could also venture into Haydn mvt. 1 or 3.

Also, I found all of the Florida grade 5 solos online, some I dont think should be a 5 and others seem too hard for a 5. But I am not familiar with a number of them but I have preformed Opt. 49, Haydn 1 and 3 before.

4. mctrumpet98

mctrumpet98 Pianissimo User

Sep 29, 2011
    Down Under
    Also look into the Pakhmutova concerto. That piece played well wins competitions.

It goes for 13-15 minutes I think.

5. jrdbass

jrdbass New Friend

Jun 10, 2010
    Miami,FL
    Concert ├ętude is a fun piece I did it for one of my jury's! Definitely a show piece. When i Was in High School I did a piece called Bride of the Waves by Clarke. It's originally written for cornet but I played it on Trumpet. Check it out! It is a well rounded piece with technical and lyrical phrases.