Any good trumpet teachers in the Chicagoland/NW suburb Area

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tbone, Mar 27, 2007.

1. tbone

tbone New Friend

Mar 10, 2007
    I'm looking for an established trumpet teacher that can provide weekly lessons for an intermediate level player that has been playing for 3 years. Preferably someone with orchestral experience. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  2. TheRiddler

TheRiddler Pianissimo User

Oct 8, 2006
    USA
    Look for Steve Burns... he is pretty incredible... however he is very serious about what he does. He is an amazing person, teacher, and performer... he conducts the chicago area youth symphony i think... anyhow - if i were choosing a teacher up there - i'd go with him, but be prepared to work your tail off.

3. tbone

tbone New Friend

Mar 10, 2007
    My son happens to be in the cyso debut however his name does not show up the the staff listing. I googled his name didn't get any results. I would be interested in contacting him.

4. TheRiddler

TheRiddler Pianissimo User

Oct 8, 2006
    USA
    Music in the Loft - Artist's Bio

i took a few masterclasses with him last year - and it pretty much changed my life. I'd kill to study with him in chicago... I'm not sure if he is accepting students right now or not... Im pretty sure he did work at Chosen Vale last summer - might wanna ask EC about getting contact with him.

5. tbone

tbone New Friend

Mar 10, 2007
    I was able to get a hold of Stephen and have a lesson set for this Saturday. Thank you for the recommendation.

6. trpt2345

trpt2345 Mezzo Forte User

May 21, 2006
    Morelia, Mexico
    Steve Burns teaches at the Merit School of Music. So do I, and several others. Call me at 312-267-4472. Steve is awfully good but he is also awfully busy running Fulcrum Point and is often out of town.

Michael McLaughlin