Any Harrelson Owners Here?

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Harrelson1, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Harrelson1

Harrelson1 New Friend

Sep 25, 2005
    Maryland
    I am NOT Jason, but I do own two of his fine horns and am VERY happy w/them. Anyone here have one/ have tried one? Just curious... :roll:

2. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    I own Jason's Harrelson 750. It is the best instrument I have ever owned or played.

[​IMG]

· Built from Bach Stradivarious 37 trumpet with Monel valves, ML .459 bore, one piece 4-7/8" bell
    · Polished 24K Gold Plating by Anderson Plating
    · #8 Leadpipe Sleeve - improves standing wave efficiency, dynamics, slotting, etc.
    · Bb to C custom conversion features excellent intonation
    · 2 Top Bell to Leadpipe Braces have been custom fit to improve attacks/slotting
    · Custom Bell Crook bracing
    · Harrelson Heavy Bottom Caps in polished gold
    · Bach top caps and buttons are finished in satin gold
    · 2 Saturn Water Keys in polished silver and gold - cleaner and easier to use over standard or amado
    · Overall Finished Weight - 2 lbs 14 oz
    · Length - 21.0"

3. Mikester

Mikester New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    MI
    907Lead

Hello,

I have a 907L in scratched raw.
    Heavy top and bottom caps.
    Base horn is a Kanstul.

Like the Saturn water keys. Not a fan of Amado (aka stick-o).

4. Harrelson1

Harrelson1 New Friend

Sep 25, 2005
    Maryland
    Mikester: In addition to an elaborate very heavy Ambassador, I have your same 907 horn and love it. What mouthpiece are you using on it? I find that mine really sings with a JK 9B... :roll:

5. Harrelson1

Harrelson1 New Friend

Sep 25, 2005
    Maryland
    Bandman: That is a great looking horn.....ENJOY IT!!! :D

6. Mikester

Mikester New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    MI
    My 907 is the Lead model. 907L bracing is different from the 907 in that there are fewer and I imagine different locations.

I have used it on a couple quintet gigs and small concert band. Sound is great. Have not used it on a big band gig, yet. Looking forward to hearing this fuller spectrum of sound in the section.

Interesting phenomena in quintet occurred. Doniminant harmonic seemed in-tune with the other trumpeter. But, as I went lower and he went higher (above my part), I heard other higher harmonics "rubbing". This horn is definately requiring and allowing me to listen more for intonation. Good ear training!

Mike

7. Harrelson1

Harrelson1 New Friend

Sep 25, 2005
    Maryland
    Very interesting - my 907 seems to be neither the 907 nor the 907L. Mine looks just like the 907L, but has the straight bracings of the "other" 907, except one less post.....anyway, I love it whatever it is! :lol:

8. Mikester

Mikester New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    MI
    Uploaded some pictures with the heavy caps on. Also, have standard weight caps.
    Original parts are #37 bell with 25 leadpipe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]