Any idea who the maker is for this trumpet?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Rookie Bob, Sep 9, 2012.

1. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    No clue.

2. mctrumpet98

mctrumpet98 Pianissimo User

Sep 29, 2011
    Down Under
    It's a King trumpet, and I believe King is a branch of C. G. Conn.

EDIT: I know this because it says 'Brand: King' on the Item specifics section.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  3. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    I think you have identified the CASE as a KING case, but the horn appears to be a No Brand - 57 seems to be the serial number.I don't recognise it as a King, but there are hints of Conn. But I am swayed to an Indian copy. Markings on the valves may help to identify it, but from the evidence I cannot add anything - except it is probably not a King Trumpet, just a King branded Case.

4. mctrumpet98

Sep 29, 2011
    Down Under
    Even though the seller of the item has advertised it as being a King brand instrument on the item specifics? Seems unlikely. But if it isn't, it's false advertising, and I'm pretty sure that's illegal...

5. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    OK then what model King is it?

I have re-read the ad, and he is very clear about what is branded and what is not, there is a King Case and a Holton Mpce, and a unknown Trumpet with Number or Model 57. I think that is why the OP has asked the question.

The Ebay seller seems very clear and honest in his discription: As found used silver plated Trumpet in a King case with the #57 on the Trumpet. Finish is in as found condition but should polish up nicely. A few wear throughs see the pictures. I spotted a few small dings in the Trumpet see the pictures.

I don't think it is a King.

6. mctrumpet98

Sep 29, 2011
    Down Under
    No idea mate, I'm only 14!

What I'm trying to say is that he put the instrumental model brand as 'King' in his item specifics box. That suggests that it is either a King model or very close to one. Or a Chinese rip-off.

7. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    chinese/Indian knockoff... run away

8. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Frank E. Holton was a manufacturer and often instruments are not found in original cases, but this instrument looks much newer than those made by the now defunct Holton Company that was absorbed by LeBlanc, a division of Conn-Selmer in 1964.

9. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Those are the kinds of horns you buy on eBay and then wish you didn't .... walk away