Any Jackie Chans amongst us??

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Youri le god, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Youri le god

Youri le god Pianissimo User

Jan 23, 2004
    London, UK
    Hi all,

I read in an Old Monette mouthpiece manual that Mr Laureano is a Karate black belt and I was wondering if there were any other martial artists in the TM community.
    I've been studying Wing Chun kung Fu for about 4 years now. thinking about it, it seems silly practising something that could ruin your playing (if you get hit ;-) ). Luckilly, in the 4 years I've been practising, I've only had one or two fat lips.

cheers
    Youri

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    I have been known to dabble in Egg Foo Young.

-cw-

3. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I'm currently a purple belt in Taekwond, and my goal is to obtain my black belt and branch into Hapkido (Korean version of Aikido) once I do. My school pretty much limits the Hapkido classes to those who have earned a black belt, but in my opinion, as a practical martial art, it's much better than Taekwondo because it teaches you what to do if/when the fight winds up on the ground, which most fight usually do.

4. Youri le god

Youri le god Pianissimo User

Jan 23, 2004
    London, UK
    I think the only thing lacking in Wing Chun is the ground fighting aspect. At the school I attend we have fairly regular Ju Jitsu seminars and MMA classes which help though.

5. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

I am a brown belt, 1st kyu, in the JKA (Shotokan). It's been a while.

6. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    In my younger years and in high school I studied several martial arts and was honored with two BB's/degrees. One of my closest friends actually competed and won the national title for Kung Fu in his class. I haven't kept up to pace with it though I can still take care of myself if need be.... but I'm a lover, not a fighter :D

7. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    Yea i know gun-foo,
    i learned under master smith and wiston! Can anyone block a bullet?
    See im 47 i dont have time to play wit cha. :lol:

8. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Yeah Clarence, lol, that reminds me of a time when my father and I were sparring/wrestling. I was a little too rough for the old man and he says, "Boy, you better settle down. You might be about to whip my butt but I got a 10 lil buddies (bullets) that can run faster that you and knock you out." HAHA, I was like "Yes Sir."

"I brought you into this world and I can take you out!"

"Boy, I'll knock you into next week if you don't quit jumping on that bed."

My favorites, lol.

9. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    :-? Smith and Wiston? Never heard of em. I wonder if those two are related in any way to Smith & Wesson? ;-)

10. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    yea that,s it!
    hey i just buy the bullets. :cool: