any names to recommend?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Young Trumpeter, Sep 27, 2006.

1. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

According to my current teacher who is also the principal trumpet with our local symphony and professor of trumpet performance at Michigan State University, "Maurice Andre never blew a sour note". I am sure that he did, but, I can't find recorded evidence of it.

OLDLOU>>

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    This is just part of the territory! If you have a reputation like Maurice André has, you have to be careful about everything that you do. No press will be given to the incredible inspiration that he gave the orchestra before and during the performance. Unfortunately there are enough recordings and now YouTube evidence that MA has not been careful with his playing legacy in recent years.

I have most of the older records and CDs but have stopped buying since the mid 80's. He is one of my heroes and I do not need proof that everyones time comes. I saw him last live in concert the early 90s in Germany and decided that an era was over (for me anyway).

His students do carry the flame however! His early recordings are a MUST for every trumpet player.

3. musicstudent

musicstudent New Friend

Oct 8, 2006
    trumpet music

I am writing a paper for music class and need to find 5 famous trumpet music pieces and the most famous trumpet music piece. I also need to know of some composers for the trumpet. Can anyone help me? I have done all sorts of internet searches and have not had any luck. Thanks

4. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit

Wow that's like asking everyone out here who's the best ____ Look out the responses will be flying!

Famous trumpet pieces:

A Trumpeters Lullaby
    Bugler's Holiday
    La Virgin De La Macarena
    Hummel Trumpet Concerto
    Haydn Trumpet Concerto (Most Famous?)

As for composers:

Leroy Anderson
    Herber L. Clarke

Ok there's a start... Let's see what the group comes up with...

5. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit

Amen Dave!

6. 40cal

40cal Forte User

Dec 13, 2005
    Minnesota
    You know, a fond memory was a bunch friends in college went to hear the pines of rome when it was being performed by the MN orchestra.

:worthy:

I wanted to quit right there.

7. BflatAnklan

BflatAnklan Pianissimo User

Jan 28, 2005
    Midwest area USA
    Add any one of the special contributers on this site to your list!!