Any of you guys ride?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Jarrett, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Anyone here a biker? Just curious, as I just bought my first bike-a 1977 GL1000. Just thought maybe I wasn't the only trumpet player with a unhealthy disposition toward the dangerous...
    -Jarrett

2. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    My roomate has a Honda Shadow. I have all the permits for it and ride around town from time to time, though I dont think I would call myself a biker.

3. rage.68.fr

rage.68.fr New Friend

Jun 28, 2005
    Colmar - France
    Yes!

I have a Suzuki GSXR 1000!!!

:cool:

Rage

(The Little French Trumpet Player)

4. tptshark

tptshark Pianissimo User

Jun 4, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Surely do... been riding for about 8 years.

i have a Yamaha FZ6n, before that a ducati monster 800 (stolen, and sorely missed), a yammy r6, and a suzuki accross. I just hope i dont have the same valve troubles with my bike, that i had with my yammy flugel :shock: :D

Have any of you read "A Twist of the Wrist" by Kieth Code? - its a book about motorcycle racing, but i found it has a lot of tips that i adapted and applied to practicing trumpet; ways to think about using your available concentration effectively, being able to react quickly to situations etc. etc.

Keep it rubber side down!

Cheers
    -Adrian

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Fourty years back I hopped on a friend's Honda 50 (you know... red and hangs between your legs?). Tore around the house and through my mother's clothesline. Dropped the bike and burned my leg.

Thirty years ago I got on a friend's Honda 305 (when they were considered a "BIG" bike!). I went around the block and tried to make a U-turn in the empty lot next to our apartment building. Dropped the bike and twisted the forks out of alignment. We got those straightened out pretty easily (another story in itself).

Never been on one since. I might be old but I can be taught. :D

6. old geezer

old geezer Pianissimo User

Dec 26, 2004
    Indianapolis,In.
    yes - XL 1200 [Harley] have owned Hondas,Suzukis, Yamahas, and even a Triumph 650 [not counting my first bike a Sears moped]. Love riding but hate stupid drivers - cars and bikes. Love my bike now with gas prices where they are - checked my last tank and got a smidgen over 60mpg. probably the only Harley rider that wears a full face helmet. old geezer Dave

7. motoboy

motoboy New Friend

Sep 7, 2005
    SC
    Although I've had dozens of bike over the years I've trimmed it down to a
    '99 BMW R1100S
    '01 BMW F650GS Dakar
    '7? R75 roadracer that I race in the Southeast with WERA.

We have a racer/trumpeter that occasionally plays the national anthem before the races.

8. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Well, that's why I looked toward motorcycles in the first place... I love my truck but at 3 bucks a gallon, I'm paying 90 dollars a tank for gas....
    -Jarrett

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    :shock:

10. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I have been looking at scooters (I predict big sales for those things this year... get your shares now) ... but since I commute 35 miles each way on open highway and have to do so in winter.........

Cost me $75 Cdn to fill the tank of my Camry this morning. Ugh.