Any one ever get the feeling of throwing your horn at the wall?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by guadarrama, Jul 11, 2012.

1. guadarrama

guadarrama New Friend

Jul 25, 2011
    CA
    Some times not so often though i get so frustrated while im practicing i get to a point where i come close to throwing my trumpet to the wall! Has this happened to anyone or am i the only crazy one? :shhh:

coolerdave likes this.
  2. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    Two or three times a week.

3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    you ever wonder where some of those trumpet lamps on eBay come from?

4. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Seriously, i believe that is one of the reasons most trumpet players hate to miss a day of practicing.

5. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
    coolerdave likes this.
  6. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
  7. mickvanflugel

mickvanflugel Forte User

Jul 1, 2011
    Germany
    I am with Greg Adams "It is all about balance", meaning sometimes you need a time out.

Well, jogging, taking a shower, playing tabletennis or football with my kids are
    my ways of coping with frustration when I get stuck and nothing works.
    Why blame the wall I wonder :dontknow:
    And I wonder if my Besson Stratford I practice on might not damage
    the panels of my woodhouse considerably :lol:
    Trumpet tantrums would be even worse for those trumpeters who live in a glass house ;-)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  8. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    I think every trumpet player has thought about slinging their horn against the wall.

Don't

9. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    Well many of you will not like this but. I used to practice a lot like 2 hrs a day everyday. And that is not good. Now I practice only about 20minutes everyday with a horn. But I actually spend my whole day in a preparation to play trumpet. For eg. I always do breathing excersises when I walk -and I walk a lot. You now from stamp 8 steps inhale, 8steps hold, 8 steps exhale, 8 steps empty etc. Than I do a lot of mp buzzing -when I drive car in traffic jam. Than I do a lot of lip buzzing when I drive motorcycle, or when I am at work. I sing a lot. I improvise a lot with singing. I try to read a lot of sheet music -just read and sing it in my head. So all this is done throughout the day. I just pick up the trumpet here and there and play a bit. And this approach is GOOD.

If you only practice in fromt of stand with arban on it -you will lose your mind and you will throw the horn into the wall -as you said. Im not saying nothing against the arban -arban is great. But to practice only from arban 2 hours a day (like I used to) wont do much good. Try spending the whole day in a preparation for trumpet playing while doing other things simultaneousley -you will see it will make wonders

10. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Seriously?

No.

coolerdave likes this.