Any one ever get the feeling of throwing your horn at the wall?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by guadarrama, Jul 11, 2012.

1. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Well .... the Recording, she's not for everyone. What is it about the Olds Recording that you dislike so much?

Turtle

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  2. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    Well, for the first 5 or so times I went to play it I would shove my mouthpiece into my face. It is the only balanced model trumpet I have played. I also dont really like.....I am not sure how to explain it. You can almost mold the notes, like, every recording playing will have a slightly different sound. I dont know if that comes across as sane, but if you have played a recording you know what I am talking about.

I also HATED the trigger...... But I know now that they make them with the adjustable ring. Still does not float for me. The only thing that I really liked about it, was the color.

3. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

No, man, it don't. The mold was in the horn, yu shed have given the horn a bath, man, before smashing da ting into yer face. YOu know? :?:

Turtle

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Well that about explains it. You are not coordinated enough to use it AND you don't know if your sane. Yep, understandably, the Recording is NOT for you. May I suggest the Ambassador. I picture you more on par with the Ambassador brothers.

5. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    I have nothing against a good ambassador, they are good horns. I like the Supers too. But that damn recording.........that thing really hurt.

6. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Wear is you're editor?

I think he may have missed his mouth and banged himself in the forehead. The evidence is mounting ....... He likes the Ambassador BETTER THAN THE RECORDING. And, he's not just saying that because he's speculating :)shhh:) ... No, he's owned one. Isn't that right, Al?

Turtle

7. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    Owned an Ambassador? Nope, but I did march with one in my high school years. So, I kinda owned it.... Yes, I have owned a recording.

I think I hit a soft spot here on TM.........

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Re: Seriously?

but if the trumpet could think --- well that might be another story, where the trumpet might want to throw the player across the room!!!!!!!!!!

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    interestingly enough the conductor of our band insists on everybody singing a concert F pitch (which is apparently a G on the Bb trumpet -- hey at least that is what it sound like to me) -- nonetheless, I don't ever see the point of that --- as I never do that in any of my practices ----BUT, I humor (humour) the old guy, after all he has been a conductor of the band for over 35 years --- he must KNOW something, doesn't he???? ROFL ROFL ROFL

10. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

That soft spot is in your head. ;-)

Turtle