Any one from Mumbai, India?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by frankinsmoke, Nov 6, 2007.

1. frankinsmoke

frankinsmoke New Friend

Nov 6, 2007
    Hi Everyone,

As mentioned earlier I am from India and crazy about the trumpet. My problem is that even though I have been trying to locate trumpet players around here for the past few months I have not come across a single one. :-o That said, it is impossible for me to find a teacher or school that teaches the trumpet. Guitar/piano/drums, keyboard teachers are all around the place. What I wanted to know was if it is possible to self teach yourself the trumpet. I understand that there are a lot of things that can go wrong, posture, embouchure, intonation etc. Is there even a slight chance of me picking up the instrument myself? I do have a few books that might help but am scared of doing stuff the wrong way and messing up my chances of playing the trumpet correctly.:dontknow:

If there is anyone from around here on the forum I would really appreciate it if you could point me towards a teacher and also a place that might stock/sell used instruments.

Thanks.

2. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Maynard Ferguson established a music school along with a jazz school in India.

"Ferguson moved with his family to India and taught at the Krishnamurtl-based Rishi Valley School near Madras. He was associated with the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning's Boys Brass Band, which he founded and help teach for several years."

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  3. frankinsmoke

frankinsmoke New Friend

Nov 6, 2007
    Thanks a lot... guess there isnt anyone from India on here :(