Any one recognise this trumpet??

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TotalEclipse, Mar 1, 2009.

1. TotalEclipse

TotalEclipse Piano User

Mar 2, 2005
    Brisbane in OZ
    HERE

Very dodgey goings on here.....
    Check out their feedback.

Just a warning.

2. TotalEclipse

TotalEclipse Piano User

Mar 2, 2005
    Brisbane in OZ
    Ha....
    Just had a closer look.
    The serial No. that is stated in the text is different to the one in the pic......

3. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    Maybe he edited it, but when I read it it said to look at the picture for serial number. His other auctions are other expensive instruments, so I wouldn't have figured it for a scam.

4. TotalEclipse

TotalEclipse Piano User

Mar 2, 2005
    Brisbane in OZ
    Yeah it has changed since I posted this..

5. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Exactly!

No feedback as a seller and all feed back from buyers are from buyers "No longer a registered user"

DO NOT BUY FROM HIM

6. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    This is exactly why I don't buy big ticket items from e-bay. I may pay a little more by taking the trip to Dillon's, but if there's ever a problem I can deal with them face to face to resolve it.

7. HSOtrumpet1

HSOtrumpet1 Pianissimo User

Nov 28, 2008
    Michigan
    No, but my gosh! Are you considering a trumpet with a third valve slide made of plastic and the rest of the trumpet metal? Apart from looking amateur in my opinion, it probably affects the way the instrument vibrates, as do all the other plastic pieces. I wouldn't buy it.
    Best of luck though,
    -HSO

8. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    Take a look at the link again. IT's a Taylor custom trumpet, and there is extra metal, not plastic added to the body. You're correct that the positioning of the extra mass has an impact on the way it plays, but in a good way.

Kind of like this Monette:

[​IMG]

9. GoodMusic@PA

[email protected] Piano User

Aug 7, 2008
    Yes, there was a thread about a person who got a cheap trumpet and added mass and other things which made it play ALOT better... I agree with the other people, don't ever buy new expensive trumpets on ebay, it is not worth it, you can go to a music store, pay a little more but get the afterservice...:-)

10. Rushtucky

Rushtucky Pianissimo User

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ditto on the above comments...NEVER purchase an expensive instrument online. Besides, if you are going to paying a couple of thousand dollars for a horn, wouldn't you want to "take it for a spin" and try it out?

It amazes me at the people who purchase high ticket items over the net, especially when they do not have a return policy!