Any pilots out there???

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by PhatmonB6, Nov 22, 2005.

1. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
  2. murph66

murph66 New Friend

May 16, 2005
    It's amazing how well trained most pilots are these days, at least the ones in commercial aviation. I used to fly a few years ago, but the biggest thing I was on was a Piper Twin, I think a Navaho, acting as a safety pilot while a friend of mine was giving instrument instruction.

And being a pilot is a lot like being a musician. It takes a lot of time, education and effort to learn your skill, and then it can be a bear tring to make a living at it. The friend I mentioned above had an ATP rating, the highest you can get, and was a certified instrument instructor. The last I saw of him, he was working as a stock man at a department store and flying at night part time.

3. mark935

mark935 Pianissimo User

Jan 31, 2004
    Riverside,CA
    I fly just as a hobby. I'm thinking of flying to Oceano next to Pismo,CA right now but I have one more wing to polish.

mark

www.pbase.com/mark2nite

4. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    I hold my private ASEL and within the next couple of months should hold my Advanced Ground Instructor (AGI) certificate, Private Instrument, and have my testing done for the Flight Dispatch certificate, and from there will be working on my commercial SE, CFI-A, CFII, and MEL certificates in the short term before I graduate college. In terms of the incident, I'm not an ATP nor do I have a type rating in a GV, but I can tell you that as a private pilot in an emergency, I will exhaust all options in an emergency before all is said and done.

5. mark935

mark935 Pianissimo User

Jan 31, 2004
    Riverside,CA
    Fly her all the way-- right to the end. that reminds me-- I wanted to practice landing the plane with only the trim tonight but forgot.

I was doing 233kts. in the C-182 the other night over Lake Hughes, CA LHS.