Any Questions Post Here

Discussion in 'Horns' started by eclipse trumpets, Jan 16, 2006.

1. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Here is the place to post any questions you may have regarding any aspect of the contest.

I will be available most of the time although Ed (tootsall) will also be able to help in this area.

Regards

Leigh

2. resonator

resonator New Friend

Jan 7, 2006
    Is the prize a Bb, C, Flugel etc or will the winner be able to choose like last year?

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Most of you now know how to host photos and have a service that does so. If you do not, then send your pictures to me at [email protected] and I will put them up into a Photobucket account that was set up for last year's contest. I will then email return to you the link so that you can "paste" it into your entry. We have lots of storage space in the hosting account so don't be shy about sending large photos... they'll just "sharpen up" when they are sized to fit the entry page.

EDIT: Please send me a PM when you have sent the photo so that I know to check that email account...which is one that I do not use for "regular" correspondence.

4. eclipse trumpets

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi Resonator

I am in the process of making the prize ;-)

I am afraid i cannot tell you yet what the prize is as it is a surprise. :cool:

I can tell you one thing though, it will be music to your ears :lol:

I promise to show the prize as soon as possible! i will not hold out on you all okay, i just want it to be right when finished.

I hope that this does not deter you from entering the contest Resonator, the prize will be cool trust me.

Best Wishes

Leigh

5. rbtrumpet08

rbtrumpet08 Pianissimo User

Dec 28, 2004
    hey hes giving away free stuff he made! may as well enter it even if you already have a Bb, C, D, Eb, flugel, picc, etc!

actually better yet dont enter it! give me better odds! ;) jk

6. someone

someone Pianissimo User

Jan 7, 2006
    California
    For the funny photo, does it have to be "My" trumpet, or can it be someone elses?

And then I might not end up doing this, but can the picture be photoshopped to some degree?

And then what if our model is too large to send? Or what if a model of a trumpet is made of something perishable?

Thanks!

7. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    It doesn't matter whose horn you take a picture of. As far as "photoshopping" is concerned, that's a no-no. It has to be a photo such that you could provide, if required, a legitimate print or negative. You could adjust brightness, etc. to "fix" it, but nothing like (for example) a horn coming out of the south end of a north-bound horse...unless the horse allowed you to do so and then stood still long enough for a photo to be taken.

I'd refer you to last year's contest for samples of some of the funny photos; they were all "posed" but certainly not "digitally faked".

http://www.trumpetmaster.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3361&highlight=2004+eclipse+contest

8. eclipse trumpets

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi Someone

It can be someone elses horn, as long as it is a horn, i will change that part if it reads wrong , thanks

Regards

Leigh

ps As i have said before! FREE to enter, i am not making anything out of this at all.
    You stand a chance to win something unique, expensive and a great tool to have lying around.

9. eclipse trumpets

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Okay

I think now that you know that the model would have to be sent to me should you win, then if it were me i would not make it 5 mtrs long by 8 mtrs wide or the UPS guy's are gonna kill you on shipping costs :lol:

Sorry just had to say that :oops:

I mean of course make it so that it could reasonably be sent in a box or carton to England.
    It is only the winner who sends to us, not everyone.

All the best

Leigh

10. rbtrumpet08

rbtrumpet08 Pianissimo User

Dec 28, 2004
    prize= "eclipse made something" minus cost of shipping your homemade instrument? eh id say its still worth it!

i know it is your decision, leigh, but i just wanted to plead the case against photoshopping. that takes half the fun and work out of making the picture for those who are adept and have the programs to do that stuff. But maybe im just a little biased since i dont have the programs to do it or the know-how ;).

thank you leigh for putting on this contest and giving away free ( :shock: ) horns! (or whatever it is this year.)