Any Tips On Selling A Chicago Benge?

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by ctrek321, Nov 15, 2012.

1. ctrek321

ctrek321 New Friend

Aug 9, 2011
    PHL, PA
    Hi,
    This is my 2nd post to the forum. The time has come for me to part with my horn (a Chicago Benge), as its been idle for quite a while.
    I'd like to get a relatively fair price for it, and would welcome communications with any forum member who has experience selling one
    of these. I'm willing to provide photos via email, and would welcome any opinions. Your replies will be awaited, and thanks in advance.

2. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    if you would post pictures when listing the horn you would probably get more responce then making the people email you just to get a picture. when posting pictures show all angles of the horn plus show the valves seperate from the horn. Good Luck, my Chicago Benge plays great.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  3. ctrek321

ctrek321 New Friend

Aug 9, 2011
    PHL, PA
    Hi, Dave (formerly known as "old geezer Dave")
    ...and thanks, for your reply. I'll see if I can do that. It's not too easy for me navigating through this site. So, in short, how do I post photos?

4. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    good luck with that, when I had a couple of trumpets for sale it took me over 2 hours to down load one picture. I took my camera over to a friend and he down loaded all my pictures in about 5 minutes. that is the old geezer in me especially when it comes to computers. lol

5. ctrek321

ctrek321 New Friend

Aug 9, 2011
    PHL, PA
    Of course I screamed when I read this, recalling my intro to computers. It was a riot! Good advice, Dave. I'd like to get a broader audience, as opposed to my local Craigslist posting. And a trumpeter's forum would certainly fit the bill. If I might ask,...where did you announce your trumpets, and how long did it take to get a buyer?

6. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    I posted them here and over at TrumpetHerald in the market place on both sites. one sold right away and another took about 6 weeks, the last 2 didn't sell and later I was glad they didn't sell, kept one and a friend wanted the other one [traded it with him for a new seat for my harley,lol].

7. ctrek321

ctrek321 New Friend

Aug 9, 2011
    PHL, PA
    Hi, Dave
    I'm in the process of assembling the photos. I've taken at least 60. I'm no professional, but am going for the "angles," as you suggested.
    Now, I simply need find where to post them on this forum and this max amount I can use. Your input is indeed appreciated.

8. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    4 pictures per horn should be enough, top view both side and be sure to show the bell bow to show there is no truama. you can have the valves out of the horn and visible when showing one of the sides. Good Luck, Chicago Benges are great horns and it seems each one plays unique.