Anybody else see it ?

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by A.N.A. Mendez, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Efig

Efig Mezzo Piano User

Sep 29, 2016
    New York
    I had a chance to buy on of these H.N White flugels for 600-700 dollars in unknown vintage shape. It was too much of a risk back then and It was on Reverb, I decided it was not a good buy for me at the time.

Oh and also, anyone else see that very early F.E. Olds trumpet serial 8xx end on eBay, it was too late for me to bid as I saw it go with 7 seconds left.

True Tone likes this.
  2. N1684T

N1684T Mezzo Forte User

Jun 28, 2016
    True Tone likes this.
  3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    That's not bird-dogging. It's your horn. I have absolutely no problem with a member screaming from the rooftops about their own horns. If you haven't already, I would list it in the e-Bay section and for sale section AND bump it often!

True Tone and BrassBandMajor like this.
  4. Osren

Osren Mezzo Forte User

Oct 17, 2010
    Mesa, Az
    I go by these simple rules

If the horn is BUY IT NOW and something really cool, odd, rare (say like a York Airflow) I don't mind posting it - usually these are HIGH priced and the casual buyer isn't going to purchase it.

If the horn's auction has ended I don't mind posting it.

and occasionally if I am interested in a horn but I want some opinions on it... I may throw up a picture and ask questions, but not state where it's from or give a direct link.

I do my best to avoid posting LIVE auctions (that are not Buy It now), unless I want to make fun of the auction (usually too high prices or something is totally crazy wrong with the listing).

scottfsmith and True Tone like this.
  5. Kevin Whiting

Kevin Whiting Piano User

Apr 13, 2013
    Greendale, WI.
    Well, as a Super Star owner, I certainly did not think it was overpriced. Congrats on the sale.

Kevin

Peter McNeill likes this.
  6. N1684T

N1684T Mezzo Forte User

Jun 28, 2016
    Special vintage horns just take the right buyer. Some womans kid will be happy with her shiny silver Superstar;)

7. mike ansberry

mike ansberry Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Clarksville, Tennessee, U
    Several nice trumpets, several nice trombones, and several nice saxes (because we all know they are part of the brass family?) on SGW right now.

8. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    eh.. you were gonna get sniped at the end anyway Toby...

9. breakup

breakup Mezzo Forte User

Jun 19, 2015
    Central Pa.
    Sniping just raises the final price, if the other bidder didn't post their maximum bid they were willing to pay, they deserve to lose the item, if they did post their maximum bid and got outbid, someone else wanted it more than they did.

J. Jericho likes this.
  10. breakup

breakup Mezzo Forte User

Jun 19, 2015
    Central Pa.
    But that was good for the seller.