Anybody know the story on this custom timetable bell trumpet?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gordonfurr1, May 27, 2015.

1. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    TM membership is as good as a certificate... but I would use wood...

2. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina
    Maybe.
    Because he spent five grand on a trumpet project that he wasn't able to make work and is selling it for five hundred as a down payment on his divorce lawyer. I guess I'd be cheesecloth too.

3. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina
    You are right, as per usual.
    Wood has a much more delightful thunk when skull-cracking than does aluminum's thin ringing sound. Not that I'd know...

4. Bochawa!!!

Bochawa!!! Forte User

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    I'm thinkin' the bell tail is too long. You'd want it to be quite a bit sharp to start.

"danceswithweenies" ??? !!!. I know how Costner got his handle, but I'm havin' trouble tryin' picture what you might have been doing at the time.:lol:

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I think that there are mass problems, bracing issues and a general bad mix of parts. If someone here ends up buying it, I'll post what I think. No need to help that goon if he is watching.

6. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    Exactly why I keep some vintage Sluggers in my autos...

7. gunshowtickets

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    I'm no pro, but you're onto something here. A *good* trumpet doesn't use "bin parts" like an armorer would piece together a 1911 from several that may have grenaded, but still have had salvageable parts. Yeah, it may shoot .45 ACP "minute of man" at 10-15 yards, but it's not going to be a tack driver like a gun out of a custom shop.

This horn may play some sort of, maybe not well-tempered, scale and make trumpet-y sounds, but will it find a home in a symphony player's arsenal? Probably not. I really would like just the bells and I could convert my AMI PasiĆ³n from just a replaceable bell to a tuning bell with some bracing mods.

8. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina
    Hahahaha!

We have four...count 'em FOUR weenies...a sassy parrot...and a cat. Too bad the cat is the one outside and the noisy and messy ones the ones inside, but is the way it is.
    I, my sense of humor actually, thought it a hoot to make one wonder whether my moniker was an innocent play on the movie or a reference to spurious sexual proclivities. I HAVE no spurious sexual proclivities, but concern was not necessary as the EBAY world was essentially removed from overt identity.
    I DID get several messages from folks who thought it was the funniest eBay account name they had ever seen and about choked laughing.
    THAT is the reward I sought.

And why exactly are you TRYING to picture the possibilities. That's dangerous. Once such a picture flashes onto that big movie screen on the inside of your skull, it becomes burnt into it...and you'll play the Dickens trying to delete that image.
    Like trying to erase a misspelled word on a Boy Scout woodburning project....but worse.

9. gunshowtickets

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    Lol, my account was what AMC dubbed over Molly Ringwald's "pos" comment - plastickreep

10. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    Did you mean "minute of angle" - MOA?