anyone afraid of heights?????

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Trumpet Hobo, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Trumpet Hobo

Trumpet Hobo Pianissimo User

Aug 14, 2005
    Minnesota
  2. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    I don't think so!!!

I will stay on solid ground, thank you very much

3. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Won't that ruin the area completely? Guess you guys don't have English Heritage over there...

4. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    That design looks somewhat flimsy. If there were further supports, can't say I'd be overtly scared.

5. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I think I'll pass...

6. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    I took my jazz bandd to Toronto a few years back. We went to the CN tower, a few of us. I am afraid of heights.

The tower is really high...I forget how high (if Toots is reading, maybe he can help me out a bit?), and they have a glass floor at the top.

I stepped out onto the floor, chanting this mantra: "Fear teaches us we are alive." I was looking down between my feet a few hundred feet down or so. Amazing feeling, once I got past the initial vertigo.

7. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Jack,

There's a reason it's called the "Grand" Canyon... it's HUGE!

It's many, many miles long and wide. One thing we have on this side of the pond is space which is not something that's in as great abundance in Europe as it is here. Fear not... it won't even come close to "completely ruining it". Rest easy.';-)'

ML

8. alanbach

alanbach Pianissimo User

Dec 10, 2003
    South Wales U.K.
    To reiterate a phrase from a well known song......"But not for me" :shock: :D

9. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Oh in that case it sounds fun.

I sort of have what I call sensible vertigo. If I'm really high with nothing to stop me falling off I feel a bit nervous, otherwise I'm good. I bet the view will be pretty good from there!

10. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    A couple years ago visiting Karen's folks in Colorado. We are at the Royal Gorge. I'm afraid of heights and they are all from Germany, meaning they've been skiing mountains all over the Europe. Well, there were two ways across the gorge, a huge cable car or walk across the bridge. 1,053 feet up. There was NO WAY I'm getting in the cable car, so I had to walk across that bridge! Right down the middle of it. Karen and my sons thought I was pretty funny. Yaeh, right. The bridge floor is wooden planks, and you can see the river through them. They don't all fit real close together.
    Yep, I'm afraid of heights!

Here are a couple cool pics of the bridge.
    http://images.google.com/imgres?img...gorge+bridge&start=20&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&sa=N

-cw-