Anyone heard of 'LAVANA' Trumpets

Discussion in 'Horns' started by drekth, Mar 27, 2011.

1. drekth

drekth New Friend

Mar 27, 2011
    I recently acquired a Bb-A Trumpet engraved ‘Lavana - - Regd Foreign Manufacture’. Does anyone out there recognise this nam?. I have discovered Saxophones on the net with the 'Lavana' name and ‘Paris – Brevete’ but very little else and certainly no other trumpets. I think that items engraved ‘foreign manufacture’ are pre 1912 after that they had to have country of origin but not certain. Any info will be welcomed thank you.

2. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I have not .. I did see a cheap one on eBay.. but it looked new

3. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Take some photos - particularly closeups of key construction elements such as braces, waterkeys, balusters, and the valve pistons. They will frequently provide information about the real manufacturer if the brand is simply a "stencil" or private label. Also, those will provide some hint regarding the quality of construction and age.

You cannot upload directly here. Upload your photos to a free hosting site such as PhotoBucket or Flickr and then copy the .IMG link to your post here and the photos will show up.

4. drekth

drekth New Friend

Mar 27, 2011
    Most helpful ComebackKid- thank you - I will attempt to do as you suggest.

5. PLAYMOR

PLAYMOR New Friend

Jan 11, 2011
    Howdy drekth, just noticed your post on lavana trumpet,i ,myself bought one 12 months ago,never seen another one advertised,mine is the same as you describe, 183 stamped on underside of rotary valve, am researching courtois trumpets at the moment;but will get round to lavana near future, good quality horn,await a reply,adios keith.

6. drekth

drekth New Friend

Mar 27, 2011
    Hi PLAYMOR, Thank you for your interesting and helpful post. Been out of action for a while whilst my new knee settled down......all ok now 100 per cent. So I am no nearer to discovering the 'true maker' of this brand. But I will persevere and 'try' to take and upload some photos as per the suggestion from 'COMEBACK KID'. What a helpful bunch you all are. Thanks again.

cheers