Anyone in the Washington DC area play a Taylor Chicago

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by VentureScore, Apr 23, 2013.

1. VentureScore

VentureScore Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2013
    Anchorage, AK
    I've ALWAYS played Bach horns for my day-to-day playing. I would love to hear one of these (Taylor Chicago) in person (and if possible play a couple of notes on it). I've been playing my Bach 37 since 1979..... I thought it was to stretch, and see what else is out there :D

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  2. kctrumpeteer

kctrumpeteer Piano User

Dec 23, 2009
    I would suggest you google Taylor Trumpets. I looked at these quite some time ago, and the closest place you might find is a dealer out of the Dallas, TX market. However it is always possible that someone resides in the DC area that has one, but guessing that they are not as high of volume of horns in availability compared to your bachs, yamahas, Conns, etc. I think if you contact the guy in Texas he might be able to hook you up with a way to test drive one, but usually those things are set up to test one that you plan on buying and you are only returning because its defective or decide you don't like it which then may cost $$ .. not sure what his policy is.

What I don't understand is how they come off (They being Taylor or many other brands that say the same thing) modeled after a Bach Stradivarius but plays better... actually those are not the words... I was trying to find the quote but something always comes off as better than a Bach.

I would email one of the two people in the U.S. that deal with Taylor made trumpets and see what they suggest. I was trying to find old correspondence I had on Taylor trumpets and instead came across a university guy that got all sorts of free toys such as Yamaha and Bach and he said go Bach and you can't go wrong... Many will think other wise, but going vanilla middle of the road is not always a bad thing.