Anyone know about this Rotary trumpet?

Discussion in 'Horns' started by soontir2432, Jan 25, 2005.

1. soontir2432

soontir2432 Pianissimo User

Dec 12, 2004
    Queens, New York, USA
    eBay Link

The brand is Elaton, anyone know about it? Google turned up nothing.

2. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    I don't know, but with all the negatives that guy has I would stay away. My guess is that it is a China/India horn.

Jim

3. soontir2432

soontir2432 Pianissimo User

Dec 12, 2004
    Queens, New York, USA
    Yea, there's nothing on the net about it. :dontknow:

4. elaton1869

elaton1869 New Friend

Dec 19, 2011
    Some informations about our company – brand „Elaton“:
    Our company was founded in 1869 in Czech Republic.
    After the War in 1946 our owner, Ernst Langhammer, had to leave his country and he settled down with his family in Burgwald/Germany.
    He started here a new beginning in producing fine brass wind instruments and now his son, Joachim Langhammer; continues his work; meanwhile the 4 th generation.
    In the meantime, we manufacture all kind of high quality brass wind instruments, all handmade; trumpet, trombone, bass and hunting horns, also.
    Also we repair or restore brass wind instruments and lacquer them in our factory, as well.
    As you see, high-grade work for top musicians – handmade in Germany!

Musik Langhammer Elaton Blechblasinstrumente

Musik Langhammer - ELATON

5. MSfortissimo

MSfortissimo Pianissimo User

Jul 13, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Aaahhhh I think we need emergency rowuk knowledge

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Why do you need help from me? This guy told you his story. I don't know why Music and Character shows so little character and trashes India/China and a for them unknown brand of instrument.

Elaton1869 is telling the truth. I can't say anything about the "high quality" claim because I have never played one, but generally the artisans here in Germany have learned their trade very well and do an outstanding job building instruments. I suspect this is the case here too. I know of no pros using this brand.

The eBay link is no longer valid, so I don't know if the horn mentioned in the original post was Czech production and thus subject to the availability of high quality materials.

When I enter Elaton trumpet in Google I get a whole bunch of references.

7. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    I agree that you can not judge something as poor just because it was not made by a well known brand. One of my trumpets is branded "Conservatory". As far as I know, it is the only one made. However, it plays pretty decently, and was worth what I invested in it. Perhaps this is a similar case. Or perhaps you have not done thorough enough research.

8. titanman46

titanman46 New Friend

Jan 26, 2014
    Bale-Valle , ISTRA

Hello, i checked the theme bellow,and i can not belive,that when a son,grand son is telling about Elaton,Elaton 1896 and then after somebody writes its an american brand form 70 -ies :huh::huh:..wtf
    Check this , and their web page..ALL but ALL BRASS instruments and BRAND come from EUROPE!!!!..then Copied by american( who is american,they are all germans,chechoslowakians,jews,ukranian,austrian Mastetr of brass instruments)

HERE one Elaton Trumpet for you, quite cheap!:
    Musik Langhammer Elaton Blechblasinstrumente

rowuk,sontir and musicwithoucharacter.:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:..i cant belive,you wrotte down things!!!??:shhh:

9. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    I don't think they're going to see your post...this thread is about 9 years old (and it's been 3 since anybody's posted on it), and I don't even recognize half the names associated with it.

Kujo

10. Jolter

Jolter Piano User

Apr 1, 2009
    Sweden
    I've often wondered why this forum doesn't have some "archived" function, where a thread is auto-closed a year after the last post was made. We're getting a lot of these "zombies" these days.