Anyone know what song this is?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by AmericanPsycho, Apr 2, 2009.

1. AmericanPsycho

AmericanPsycho New Friend

Apr 2, 2009
    Correct me If I'm wrong but there seems to be a trumpet playing in this song I have been trying to track down for months.

It can be heard around the 1:40 -2:22 or so mark on the trailer for The Soloist

YouTube - The Soloist Trailer

So far I know 3 of the songs in the trailer which are:

First song is Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder
    Second song is Bacch's Suite for Solo Cello No. 1 in G Major: I. Prelude
    Third song is Use Me by Aaron Neville
    (Fourth song?)

Around the 1:40 mark the Suite for Solo Cello No.1 transitions into a orchestra piece before finishing back with Suite No. 1, I will be impressed if someone knows this.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  2. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    The Soloist (2009) - FAQ

One Day Like This - Elbow

Got it from imdb.com

But I suspect you were the one already there asking the same question? I don't know, click the link above... Looks like another "must see" movie.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  3. AmericanPsycho

Apr 2, 2009
    Thank you, actually "One Day Like This" by Elbow is not on the main theatrical trailer that I know of. I believe that was only featured in the version of the trailer played during the Oscars. Someone on "yahoo answers" seems to think that I want Beethoven, Symphony Number 3 in Eb Major also referred to as "The Eroica". -- I need to listen to this and see if that is it.

4. AmericanPsycho

Apr 2, 2009
    That doesn't seem to be it either, I listened to it on youtube and I don't hear it. Anyone else have aay ideas?

5. AmericanPsycho

Apr 2, 2009
    That's one of the songs I already mentioned.

"Around the 1:40 mark the Suite for Solo Cello No.1 transitions into a orchestra piece before finishing back with Suite No. 1, I will be impressed if someone knows this."

Thank you though. It might be a custom orchestra piece made only for the trailer. I hope not because I want that song.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  6. AmericanPsycho

Apr 2, 2009
    I'm starting to fear the worst, that the song I am lookig for is an original piece by the film's composer Dario Marinelli.

I hope it's at least of the soundtrack.

7. nosray

nosray Pianissimo User

Aug 28, 2008
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Sorry this post has nothing to do with the topic, but this movie looks very interesting, a lot like August Rush, I must recommend that you watch August Rush, the music is very beautiful, and if you have a good sound system this is the perfect movie for it!

8. AmericanPsycho

Apr 2, 2009
    yup good film

9. Publius_

Publius_ Banned

Jan 21, 2009
    ----
    dude that is an amazing song and the movie I want to see it, it looks so good.