Anyone know where I can find this...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by brassmachine19, Dec 3, 2007.

1. brassmachine19

brassmachine19 New Friend

Nov 16, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I'm looking for the Carnaval book arr. Donald Hunsberger and published by Carl Fischer. On Carl Fischer's website it says it is out of print. I have gotten in contact with music stores in my area telling them to call me if anything turns up or if they can find it.

As of right now I am borrowing the copy in my trumpet studio here at college BUT the piano part is a no show. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Thanks,
    Dan

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    brassmachine19,
    I've had occasion to search for the score for "Waltzing Matilda" for Concert Band, coincidentally also owned by Carl Fischer and also out of print. I perservered and contacted Carl Fischer directly - and I'm sorry I can't find the dozens of emails I sent so I can't give you a contact number. Anyhow, my persistence paid off and the people at Carl Fischer allowed access to their archives and provided all the scores for all the instruments but as an original photocopy ('cause it was out of print you see). The price was in the vicinity of US$140 I think for a full Concert Band set - posted to Australia. Fabulous service, great to deal with (although a bit time consuming from this distance) and went totally out of their way to make the experience pleasant. Give them a try - ask for Zola (I think), she's a gem.

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    BM19
    I have slept on your problem and this morning I find I know where my reference is - try: -

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]Lola Kavonic[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]Manager, Business Affairs[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace]Carl Fischer, LLC[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace]65 Bleecker Street[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace]New York, NY 10012[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace]Ph 212-777-0900 ext. 222[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace]Fax 212-477-6996[/FONT]
    :cool: