Anyone play a Zeus Flugel?

Discussion in 'Horns' started by gregc, Jun 11, 2004.

1. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    Thoughts on the line?
    Thanks,
    Greg

2. Reverend

Reverend Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2003
    Greater Houston area
    Hello Greg,

I have, and found it to be a GREAT instrument. Excellent intonation, and the lovely, mellow flugel sound. And the valves...nice!

I hope to be able to experience another one very soon...and have it for a longer time!!!

If I do, I'll post again as to my thoughts!

Blessings,

3. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Hi ya,
    Hi Rev, haven't talked to you in a while. I do have a Zues Flugel. It is the professional series and has a copper bell. It is a wonderful instrument to play on. I also have teh Zues Olympus in silver and it is another wonderful instrument. If you have any specific questions about the horn, let me know.
    Also Rev, ya might wanna contact Rita Black at Leather Specialties and give her measurements for the valve cluster, etc on the flugel. I wanna get a valveguard from her but she don't have teh specs for a Zues! LOL.

Tim "The Bear" Baird

4. Reverend

Reverend Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2003
    Greater Houston area
    Hey Tim,

Good to hear from you!!

I "should" be receiving a ZeuS flugel just anytime now. If and when I do, I'll take careful measurements and pass them along to Rita. How does that sound?

Let me know how your playing is coming along!!

Blessings,

5. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Hey Rev,
    Playin' is great. As always there is something else to work on. Our jazz tour to the Toronto Jazz Fest is comin' up soon so I'll let you know how that turns out. But yeah, pass those measurements on to Rita, she makes wonderful products for all horns. Her website is www.leatherspecialtiesco.com Take care.

Tim