Anyone play The Sims 2?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Rick Chartrand, Nov 2, 2005.

What is your Favorite Sims 2 Game and why?

1. Sims 2 Univercity

100.0%
  2. Sims 2 Nightlife

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sims 2 (for Gamecube)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sims 2 Bustin out (for Gamecube)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Hey All :cool:

One of my favorite things to do (next to horn playing) is sharing in my wife's #1 hobby of playing the Sims 2. Anyone else play this great game?

For those of you who dont know what the Sims 2 is, a brief history. Its a 3D game for the PC that allows you to create you very own people and houses from scratch, in a stunning 3D enviroment.

Over the past few months to our delight EA (Sims 2 Creators) have released Sims 2 College and now Sims 2 Nightlife, and theres a Christmas pack commin out in December. :cool:

Anyway, enough history. We just LOVE this game and have created our own neighborhoods with our own people. I think that part of what makes this game so cool is the appeal in that you can sort of play God. Whats nice about the Sims 2 is that your Sims now age (unlike Sims 1) and you can pass your genes down to your kids in the game. Additionally Sims 2 has some really stunning pre-made characters, familys and neighborhoods. Strange town is Really fun! :lol:

Another really fun thing (and my wife is teaching me how to do this cause its technical) is to download and install your own items and skins. When I say Skins, I literally mean skins LOL. You can get your Sims to have sex (WooHoo) totally nude and the 3D graphics are incredible. :shock:

You really need a fast PC with a good video card to run this Gem of a Game. At least a Pentium 4, running at 2000Mhz, and a good video card with at least 256Mb Ram.

I love all the 'cheats' for the Sims 2, and in this game you really need it. The usual cheats we use are to get extra money, and a lotta 'hacked' items. The best ones are the pink flamingos that keep all your aspirations and health up. Recently my wife got THE BEST hack and thats the one that gets all your skills right up to the top.

We have only 1 PC in our house and we are both lovin this game so my wife got me the Sims 2 on the Gamecube for my birthday on Sunday. Its a VERY cool verson of the Sims 2. The gameplay is great, and the graphics are ABSOLUTLY stunning SUPER SMOOTH and better than anything you can get on the PC. Im not really a tech guy but Ive been told thats because the Gamecube can produce graphics that a PC can only dream about. I miss the cheats and hacked items on the Gamecube verson but what the game lacks in those departments it more than makes up for in graphics. Two nice additions in the Gamecube is that there is actually weather outside now, and that you can custom make your own food using a grocery menu. :cool:

Ok my friends, so what verson of the Sims 2 (and expansion packs) do you like the best and why? I have to say that mine is Nightlife and the Gamecube verson. Nightlife cause you can actually drive downtown in your own car and theres stunning new DJ and party items, and Gamecube's verson cause of the stunning graphics, weather and food menus.

The next Sims 2 I'm getting is going to be Sims Bustin out for my Gamecube, and I know my wife is gonna get the new Christmas pack when it comes out.

This post is a little L O N G but theres so much to cover in this great game! :cool:

A nice little cheat site I discovered yesterday is
    http://www.supercheats.com/
    They have a terrific platform and search engine.

2. Miss Piggy Girl

Miss Piggy Girl New Friend

Oct 29, 2005
    USA
    Yesss!..I got it..all the sims 1..plus all the sims 2..on Pc..I tried the gamecube to me if not all its cracked up to be..its all play..like bathroom..bed..eat..not really into getting into your house..friends..no cheats yet on gamecube..plus there that stupid blurr when they shower..n' the objects are so BIG!..the environment looks real..with real like skys..clouds..wind..rain..But alot of the objects look fake..not only that alot of things not the same..its for right into play mode I say..so my vote is the PC..nightlife..cool..cars..But to have all the games on your Pc..gotta have a powerhouse Pc of brain power!..Next year is Business pack..N guess who gonna be in line for that when it first comes out?... :wub: Thats right..ME!

[​IMG]

3. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Hey Miss Piggy Girl

I dont think that the Gamecube is as good as the PC either, but like I said the graphics in the Gamecube verson are incredible! By the way, nice pic of the box Piggy! Keep the responses flying in[​IMG]