Aperture Control

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by felix c, Jul 29, 2006.

1. felix c

felix c Pianissimo User

Dec 5, 2003
    Puerto Rico
    Dear Manny:
    Blesings and Hi again. Im writting to ask for sugestion on readings and excercises on aperture control. My Trumpet teacher encourage me to have a large one pronouncing AA to expand the sound. The problem its that Im Placing some large that I become completely tired in 30 minutes. Also did you understand that a Smaller mouthpiece helps to decrease the aperture Please advise.
    Thanks
    Felix

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Dear Felix,

I understand why your teacher asked you to do that. It does open your sound, usually. But, yes, the price is that it takes more effort and the muscles you are going to use now are feeling the strain. Give it time and patience and I think you'll hear the difference. I'm not surprised if you feel that you need a little bigger mouthpiece, that's natural. Give it a try and have patience because I know you're a big practicer.

Entiendo lo que tu maestro te pidío. Casi siempre abre el sonido, este metodo. Pero, si, el precio es el efuerzo y los musculos van a sentir el tensión. Dale tiempo y con patiencia tu vas a oir la diferencia. No me sorprende que tu cres que necesita una boquilla mas grande, eso es natural. Como tu practicas mucho y tienes paciencia, dale tiempo y tu veras los resultos.

Que D-os te bendiga,

ML

3. felix c

felix c Pianissimo User

Dec 5, 2003
    Puerto Rico
    Dear Manny;
    Im very thanksfull for your response. I understand your advise. But Im thinking in a smaller mouthpiece to get more time of playing. Its that correct?
    A lot of friends recomends to try a 10 1/2C and evaluate. What you think?
    Blessings andVery apreciated
    Felix

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Felix,

If you go to a smaller mouthpiece then go to a size that is only a little bit smaller not too much. Equipment changes should be gradual and not too different.

Good luck always,

ML