Arban again

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by John Lamkin, Feb 11, 2007.

1. John Lamkin

John Lamkin New Friend

Feb 5, 2007
    Hey Folks,

I have another question (request). Does any one know of, have, or know where to find a recording of Arban's 14 Characteristic Studies. I came across a vinyl many years ago of the 14 studies, but I do not remember who did them or the label. This had to have been over 20 years ago (I'm dating myself). I found the recording up at "Record and Tape collectors" on Cold Spring Lane in Baltimore. If anyone of you remembers that store, then you know how long ago that may have when I saw them. I also saw some military trumpet calls in the same bin. I should have purchased both albums, but I didn't. So, if any of you may know where I could get my hands on such a recording, please let me know.

Thanks.

John

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Dave Baldwin of the University of Minnesota is the most recent to put out a commercial recording of that and also all the Top Tones for Trumpet. I think that if you contact ITG you can get those recordings.

ML

3. dlewis

dlewis Piano User

Nov 22, 2006
    RANDALLSTOWN MARYLAND
    hello john several web sites have mp3 versions of the arban studies

Dennis

4. dlewis

dlewis Piano User

Nov 22, 2006
    RANDALLSTOWN MARYLAND
  5. John Lamkin

John Lamkin New Friend

Feb 5, 2007
    Wow Dennis! I just went to the Trumpet Exercises site and found the characteristics. Thanks man. I have some students at the school working on 1 and 2 this semester and this will help tremendously.

John.

6. John Lamkin

John Lamkin New Friend

Feb 5, 2007
    Thanks Manny,

I'll check it out.

John

7. dlewis

dlewis Piano User

Nov 22, 2006
    RANDALLSTOWN MARYLAND
    Glad I could help old friend also check out screamtrumpet.com