Arban book and Cd

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetcat72, Jan 22, 2013.

1. trumpetcat72

trumpetcat72 Pianissimo User

Dec 1, 2012
    Canada
    Hi

Does anyone have the Arban Trumpet Duet book and Cd ?

What does it mean , when they say to lower either the left

or right channel.

2. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I believe you are talking about the Music Minus One Trumpet: Complete Arban Duets.

Amazon.com: Music Minus One Trumpet: Complete Arban Duets: All of the Classic Studies (Sheet Music & CD) (9781596154247): Harold Lieberman, Arban, Jean-Baptiste: Books

It includes about 50 of the duets from the Arban book. The left channel contains the first trumpet part. The right channel contains the second trumpet part. You can pan left or right to isolate one part while you play the other.

I use them as lyrical studies from time to time. But I also own a copy for sentimental reasons. The trumpet player in the recordings, Harold Lieberman, was my trumpet teacher in high school. He also ran the Ramapo College Summer Jazz Festival and Workshop in the 1970's and 1980's.

Mike

3. trumpetcat72

Dec 1, 2012
    Canada
    Hi

yes,

the music minus one trumpet : Complete Arban Duet.

thank you. Cool:-)

4. bigtiny

bigtiny Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2005
    In a stereo system, music is recorded and played back in 'stereo', that is, with the ability to have different things on the left hand side of the stereo field (your left speaker)
    and the right hand side (your right speaker).

Frequently, when doing play-along type recordings, the producers will create them with certain instruments on the 'left' channel and others on the 'right'. This is so one, depending on
    their instrument can get certain benefit out o the recording. For instance:

- many jazz/improv play alongs will have piano isolated on one channel so that if you are a pianist or guitarist, you can listen to the other and play along with only bass and drums.
    - I've not seen the arban, but they might have piano on one track and somebody actually playing the trumpet part on another.

The balance between the channels is usually controlled by a control called 'balance' on a stereo or 'pan' on a mixer.

bigtiny

5. trumpetcat72

Dec 1, 2012
    Canada
    Hi

and thank you:D