Arban C.S. 8

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by NickD, Aug 18, 2006.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

Arban C.S. 9

Edit: Note, I posted Arban C.S. #9.

Well, on MySpace.com, I've been cycling through some old legit things I've recorded, including the 1st 7 Arban Characteristic Studies. This has been in an effort to keep things interesting as I strive to promote my CD. I have had several requests to finish the 14 studies, so last night after dinner, I ran downstairs and laid down #8 with my UN-RESTORED Conn Victor cornet. You can hear the valves clanking away, but I like the way that old horn plays. I'm cleaning up my other cornets, too, to get some variety of sounds going here.

Drop by http://www.myspace.com/nickdrozdoff and check it out. I plan on pulling this one and putting up #9 tomorrow. I also plan on -re-recording the first seven. My older recordings are lacking in tech quality.

Enjoy.

Peace.

Nick

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  2. Deecy

Deecy Pianissimo User

Aug 8, 2005
    NYC
    Very sweet sounding trumpet! Did you use the same old Conn horn on "soliloquy"?
    And nice performance BTW.

T/

3. Deecy

Deecy Pianissimo User

Aug 8, 2005
    NYC
    Very sweet sounding cornet! Did you use the same old Conn horn on "soliloquy"?
    And nice performance BTW.

T/

4. NickD

NickD Forte User

Thanks...

Actually, on Soliloquy I was using my Eclispe Flugel Horn (kaa-ching - thanks Leigh). That Conn Victor gets a unique sound for a cornet. I am going to finish off the next 6 C.S studies with the Victor and then I'm going to re-do the first seven with a shepherd's crook cornet I got from Felix. I have to fix a sticky valve on that first.

I'm sorry to say that I took Soliloquy down for a while to pst another tune, but the Arban #8 is still up.

Gotta run 4 now.

Peace.

Nick Drozdoff

5. Trumpeters_Lullaby

Trumpeters_Lullaby New Friend

Apr 10, 2006
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Great stuff Nick, that cornet sounds wonderful.

6. NickD

NickD Forte User

Characteristic Study #9

Well, I did a Dixieland gig this afternoon - parade, strolling and blowing for a few miles. It was a lot of fun. Felix's horn really worked great here! Then I went to my daughter's piano recital. After we dropped off Grandma and got home, I had some time to do Arban Characteristic Study #9. This was a little tougher for me to get doww on that old cornet. They sure do play differently from trumpet, but you all know that! In any case, I've got this up at MySpace.com.

http://www.myspace.com/NickDrozdoff

I'll put it up at Mp3unsigned.com as well, but I'll have to do that later. In the meantime, just enjoy.

Peace!

Nick

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006