Arban

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by tennis_the_menace, Apr 22, 2007.

1. tennis_the_menace

tennis_the_menace Pianissimo User

Jan 11, 2007
    Lansing, MI
    What is the difference between the regular Arban method book (red cover) and the Arban platinum edition(silver cover)?
    thanks

2. Bogey

Bogey New Friend

Feb 23, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    From Amazon.com, here is the description for the platinum edition:

Product Description
    Carl Fischer is proud to present a new and special edition of this classic publication that has served as the method of choice for generations of trumpet players. The Authentic Edition of Arbans Complete Conservatory Method offers the student a comprehensive system of study for the trumpet, including scales, etudes, duets, solos and extensive exercises designed to develop musicianship and technique. The new Platinum Edition features: Comb binding for easier use.
    Piano accompaniment CD for the Fantasies included in the book.
    Handsome Platinum Edition cover.

3. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    About twenty five dollars difference.

-cw-

4. Thermos

Thermos Pianissimo User

Jul 15, 2006
    Having a bound copy is really nice. I'd reccommend to anyone I know that they walk into kinkos or officemax (or any other such store) and have them bind it- I got a coil binding I think. Cost me no more than $5, and it is so much easier to use now that I don't spend 5 minutes every day fighting the book with paper clips to get it to lay flat!

Going back shortly to have them laminate the cover, as I've done with a few other books. Really keeps the cover in pristine shape.

5. tennis_the_menace

tennis_the_menace Pianissimo User

Jan 11, 2007
    Lansing, MI
    So Is the platinum the same as the regular edition except it comes with a CD and is bound so it opens on a stand?

6. Bogey

Bogey New Friend

Feb 23, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    As far as I can tell, yes, that's the only difference.