Arban's book for Katrina Victim

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Jimi Michiel, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Hey all,
    Last weekend I went to see the Rebirth Brass Band. For those of you who don't know them, they're a New Orleans marching band that plays a mix of funk and old skool creole jazz. These guys are out on the road in part because many of them don't have homes to go back to in Louisiana. I was talking to one of the trumpeters in the band who told me that his little brother, who had just started playing the trumpet a little over a year ago lost his horn and music in the hirricane.
    I got the contact info and have been taking up a collection for the kid, including a holton student trumpet, valve oil, mouthpiece, etc to send down (he's safe and sound in Baton Rouge right now). So here's my question: does anybody out there have an extra Arban's book they'd be willing to donate? It doesn't even have to be the platinum edition :) I don't feel comfortable posting the kids name and email address on the net, but I'll PM you my address and then I can forward it down.
    Thanks,
    Jimi

2. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Wow,
    It took all of what seemed like 10 seconds, but someone has very graciously offered to help out and donate a book. Trumpeters get a bad rap, but there are some real class acts here in the trumpet community.
    -Jimi