Arbans Curriculum

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by John Lamkin, Feb 6, 2007.

1. John Lamkin

John Lamkin New Friend

Feb 5, 2007
    Hey Folks,

Years ago I remember seeing a lesson plan curriculum for using the Arbans in private lessons. It was a group of suggested lesson plans for 12 or 15 weeks that covered different parts of the book simultaneously. Lately (over the past several years), I have not been able to fine it. Have any of you heard or seen groups of lesson plans to use with the Arbans? If so, I would like to have a copy. If any of you have one, or know where to get one, please let me know. I would love to get my hands on it again.

Thanks.

John

2. dlewis

dlewis Piano User

Nov 22, 2006
    RANDALLSTOWN MARYLAND
    Hello John how are you Long time no see

Dennis Lewis

3. dow30

dow30 Piano User

Apr 26, 2005
    NY
  4. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    Contact Eric Bolvin.
    The name of his book is "The Arban Manual." It covers the Arban book in 69 lessons. You will enjoy Eric's thoroughness in putting together a manual for the completion of the WHOLE Arban book.
    Enjoy,
    Wilmer

5. John Lamkin

John Lamkin New Friend

Feb 5, 2007
    Thanks Wilmer, how do I get in contact with Eric Bolvin?

John

6. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    Click on the Links above.....between Calendar and Employment. Go to Trumpet Resources.
    There's a link there.
    Wilmer

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  7. John Lamkin

John Lamkin New Friend

Feb 5, 2007
    Cool,

Thanks.

John

8. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hi John,

Good to see you online! I think we played together at the jam sessions at ITG, correct?

best,

T

9. John Lamkin

John Lamkin New Friend

Feb 5, 2007
    Right,

I ran the AAJC Jam Session in the Hilton on that Thursday evening. I had my son John on drums, Omari Ramier for Basltimore on Bass and Onaje Allan Gumbs on piano. Also I had William Smith on tenor (he has the jazz program at American U. in DC), Brian Perez on tenor (he is on the faculty at UMES where I teach) and Toney Williams on alto (he is from Philly and runs a Jazz Summer camp). We had a ball! Thanks for sitting in, you sounded great! There was a lot of spirit up in there thagt night!!!!!

Lets stay in touch. Do you teach in Boston?

John

10. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, I live in Salem and have a studio here (and pretty soon in boston as well). I think we played at Rowan in the 06 sessions, and had a blast.

Your son is a wonderful player. We've never played together but I'm really hoping that we can soon. Is he still in Boston?

Regards,

T