Arbans Curriculum

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by John Lamkin, Feb 6, 2007.

1. John Lamkin

John Lamkin New Friend

Feb 5, 2007
    John is living in Annapolis MD with his wife and kids. But he goes out a lot. He just came back from Amsterdam, and last week he was in New York at the Blue Note with Donald Harrison. He plays regularly with Duck.

I was at the ITG in Rowan last June, and participated in the Festival of Trumpets. That was a lot of fun. I also made the Jam session on Friday Night. Are you going to make it this year? I'll be there.

Are you teaching at the college level? If so, would you mind sharing your syllabus with me? I want to redo mine and I want to get input from as many college trumpet teachers as I can so that I'll be on the same page with everyone else.

Let me hear from you soon.

John

2. ebjazz

ebjazz Pianissimo User

Aug 12, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Hi John; Just caught this post. My site is below in the sig.

Thanks Wilmer for thinking of me!

Eb

3. John Lamkin

John Lamkin New Friend

Feb 5, 2007
    Hey Eric,

I went to your cite, ordered your "Arban Manual," paid my money, got it in the mail a couple of weeks agao and I'm using it already! Thanks man. I'm going to check out your book of songs for trumpet students. Do they come with accompaniments?

John

4. ebjazz

ebjazz Pianissimo User

Aug 12, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks John!
    Glad to see you're using The Arban Manual.
    Sorry to say there are no accompaniments for The Really Big Student Songbook at this time. Many of the songs are so simple that even those with limited piano skills can come up with something.

Eb