Are Monette trumpets and mouthpieces really that good?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bachstradivarius, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Tjnaples

Tjnaples Piano User

Aug 30, 2013
    Hawaii
    Let's not focus on the price, but the outcome. As I've lurked for months I perceive many people in this conversation that have a critical spirit rather than being critically minded. Instead of a conversation it turns ugly for no legitimate reason. Perhaps we can learn from one another rather than tout a one liner meant to somehow discredit a person or product. Those with personal experience with a Monette might have something they are really excited about they don't find anywhere else and that should be ok. For instance here I've gone and said all this instead of feeling like I can share all the great musical sounds and experience I've had.

2. jaemard

jaemard Mezzo Piano User

Jul 2, 2012
    San Rafael, CA
    Are you implying Harrelson has copied Monette? Jason has worked very hard on his own designs, you might want to check your facts.

3. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Ditto. Harrelson trumpets are unique, not copies of anything. They are ridiculously underpriced, IMO.

4. Tjnaples

Tjnaples Piano User

Aug 30, 2013
    Hawaii
    Mr. Harrelson's SWE kits are not dissimilar to what is found on a Monette trumpet. Whether the material is the same I don't know. That's the only thing I can point to without being hands on. For sure he has aspects of his own design happening ie. tuning slide and I'm sure much more. FYSA the Summit max price point is indeed at $11,995. Just a spicy Emeril "baam" to help here haha.

Harrelson Trumpets - Jason's Blog (scroll to bottom)

5. jaemard

jaemard Mezzo Piano User

Jul 2, 2012
    San Rafael, CA
    I believe that price is for one of the Art single editions, that he makes one per year. Are trim kits the secret of Monette? I think we may have figured it out!

6. Tjnaples

Tjnaples Piano User

Aug 30, 2013
    Hawaii
    The secret is you, just like from Kung Fu Panda's dragon scroll. What assists you in your vision and goal the best is another conversation.

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    :zzz: ROFL

8. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    * Insert 'supreme' manufacturer of your choice

9. mickvanflugel

mickvanflugel Forte User

Jul 1, 2011
    Germany
    You could not have chosen a better poem than Ozym[onette]ias...
    Now wait, does "S" really mean "Shelley" cup?:lol:

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    To the residents of Columbus and Pittsburgh, this means "Stanly Cup"