Are our prayers being answered?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Manny Laureano, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,150066,00.html

This is one of the most encouraging bits of news I've seen in a while and its effect on me was immediate. This is, I hope, the beginning of the answer to Islamo-fascist terrorism. If the muslim community embraces this fatwa with vigor and, most of all, courage, the terrorists will lose sooner rather than later. If the American muslim community leads this effort, others in other countries will have a sense that they wouldn't be alone in speaking out and later acting to prevent terrorism.

The peaceful muslims of the world need our support in order for this to work out for all of us. What support means in this case can only be defined over time, I suppose, but I'm ready to help if they are. This is one of those baby steps that may be very important if action succeeds words.

ML

2. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    Thank Goodness that somebody's doing that.

Let's hope it is a small step to the end of this terrible stuff.

Lara

3. Mr. Semman

Mr. Semman Pianissimo User

Jan 5, 2005
    West Brookfield, MA
    Manny,

While on the surface, it appears that the Muslim communities are finally speaking out on terrorism, I still remain skeptical. Muslim leaders met in both London and the U.S. to discuss the same thing, both with similar results. Generalized statements condeming the violence, but nothing noteworthy. For instance, imagine the impact it would have on future terrorist if the Imams had issued an idict which stated that those who practice terrorism would be excommunicated! Instead, both groups could not could not come to a definitative agreement.

Additionally, the Muslim communitiies still support, at least financially, the terrorist groups. It is part of the Quran.

Gary

4. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    Gary,

I'm not going to dispute that some Muslim communities support the terrorists financially, that may or may not be the case, although I suspect you're right but this:

is nonsense.

Regards,

Trevor

5. Mr. Semman

Mr. Semman Pianissimo User

Jan 5, 2005
    West Brookfield, MA
    Camelbrass,

In my attempt to be succinct, I may not have given a complete explanation. Islam has more than 100 different sects, each believing that it is the true religion, and all are taught through the Quran. One common thread is to care for other Muslims throughout the world, and which most likely would be for victims of natural disasters, famine, war, etc. However, since there is an inherent trust built into their religion, i.e. that Muslims will not lie to each other, that very often, nothing more than a cursory check on Islamic agencies requesting support is given. Some of these agencies are a front for terrorist organizations, and they receive financial support, either knowingly or unknowingly from Islamic religious communities.

However, with over 100 different sects of Islam, each believing that they are the true religion and that the others are infidels, then by deductive reasoning, it would be okay to lie to another Muslim who is an infidel.

Hope this helps,

Gary

6. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    OK understood. I agree...point well made.

It's just that the Quran for Muslims is a guide as to how to live your life as the Bible is for Christians. We all know how badly, at times, that the Bible has been interpereted over the last 1000years whatever its original intent!!

What really concerns me now is the possibility that we no longer have centrally organised terrorist groups. You know the image, guys with long beards sitting around in caves reading the Quran and planning their next move against the infidel. What we have now is a lot more dangerous...disaffected young people planning this stuff on their own (admittedly with a 'helping' hand), born and bred in the west, educated, internet savvy and prepared to blow themselves up. That's a lot more scary and a much bigger threat to you and I. As Manny and you have pointed out the key lies in the self control of Muslim communities in the US, UK, Europe etc etc. I agree that's going to be tough regardless of a fatwa...like you say Gary, who issued it ?

Regards,

Trevor

Trevor