Are trumpet players opinionated?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpet Dreamer, Nov 28, 2011.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    hey trumpetdreamer -- I think that is it -- like the other posts says you really are a flute player or some other woodwind -- who else would ask a dumb @$$ question like that, anyhow?? The AUSSIES love GM - even if they don't admit it, the MODERATORS are not always correct, and the HIGH SCHOOL students are just plain _____ for talking about a DUBBA ___ -- OH Trumpetdreamer -- they might have that on a flute -- but you can't say it here without criticism.
    and TD (aka trumpetdreamer -- just in case you are a drummer then you can get the connection) -when you do figure out a flute is for sissies, oh and James Galloway -- the best flutist (or is that floutist) ever --- and TD you try to learn the trumpet -- -then go get an ASYMMETRIC MPC AND A KING TRUMPET -- and you will play like the best == and that is KINGTRUMPET --- learn that, and you are far ahead of anyone else ---well except me!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

2. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Yes, that's pretty obvious. Probably that's a lot of what makes trumpet players more interesting than the average and this place fun and often, lively and dramatic.

Opinions vary. Sometimes opinions vary widely. As does the manner in which members and moderators express those opinions. The more evolved among us are able to do it with sincerity and with an eye toward helping someone we don't know, without being offensive or insulting. It's an art, really, and not everyone can pull it off, no matter how smart they are. We try.

Turtle

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Yeah Turtle -- you are getting evolved as you don't offend me too much ROFL ROFL ROFL (monette prana) upscale people who still fit in on TM -- yes Mr. Turtle --- you blend in it is an art ROFL ROFL ROFL

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    We moderators are right all the time, but we label it as “opinion” just to be politically correct.

It doesn’t always work, though.

5. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Everyone, remember this. This is a very special moment where we can throw it back in their faces when they are wrong!

6. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    I asked my psychiatrist this very question and he responded very interestingly. First of he said, "trumpet players were the only musicians who
    toot their own horn." Secondly, he said, "that to be a trumpeter that you had to be willing to be the center of attention, whether you were a good or a bad player , because everyone is gonna hear you." Thirdly, he said, "I'm a trumpeter and a damned good one, do you want any lessons, we can bill Blue Cross Blue Shield." Finally, after trying a few lessons with him I fired him. He was a lousy trumpeter, a lousy psychiatrist, and a total fraud.
    But, although flawed, he was opinionated.
    With all kidding aside, I have found the best professional players to be the kindest, humble, people I have ever known. They sincerely look out for their protege and try to make them better players. I cherish their opinions and criticism because I knew I was in need of improvement.
    I'm glad there are differences of opinions, but being expressed there is sometimes a responcibility to give the rationale for your reasoning.
    A mature person will express why they would suggest this opinion and for what reason, so a person of lesser understanding can appreciate
    the judgement call. Whenever one expresses their opinion, they should be ready to back it up with sound rationale, always.

7. Vulgano Brother

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    So? Crap washes off. :cool:

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!

9. Vulgano Brother

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown

10. PatMurphy

PatMurphy Pianissimo User

Aug 9, 2009
    Cherry Hill NJ
    If many of us were not champions of our horn, mpc, embrechure, practice routine, practice room etc. then the world would be full of Bach 37s with 3C mpc
    Might be a great combination generally but BORING if we all played it. Kinda like a1 and a2 and a3. "Turn off the bubble machine"