Are trumpet players opinionated?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpet Dreamer, Nov 28, 2011.

1. MTROSTER

MTROSTER Piano User

Jan 25, 2007
    Canada
    We're not opiniated, just always right. Just ask me; ask me anything and I'll tell you all about it.

2. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    Imho. No!

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    YES -- you are here at TM with the monicker of "trumpet dreamer" if you were not a woodwind player -- then you would be "trumpet master", or "trumpet reality" , or "trumpet - catch me if you can, but only in your dreams", ROFL ROFL ROFL Do we have opinions??? YES --- ditch the flute, don't even try the double reed OBOE, it will confuse your mpc selection when you decide to become a trumpet player??? ROFL ROFL ROFL

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  4. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    I was playing a brand new Bach Stradivarius 37 two days ago along with a 43 and 72. I like all of them but I dont know what I want. You can get lacquer, silver plate, or gold plate. You can get reverse leadpipes and normal leadpipes. There are triggers and fixed saddles/rings. The different finger buttons is another hard choice. There is also a 25 and 68 bell but I have never tried either of them. I could also go vintage and get a Mt. Vernon or a New York. I know this is a long post but Bachs have a lot of variables. I know a lot of people here have strads and I think they like them. Then there are the accents, gold trim and gold wash. A lot of combinations here. There are used ones on ebay for far less then a new one. You have to look under Bach Strad and Bach Stradivarius so you can see all of the listings. So, what color socks do you like best?

5. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    Thank you, King! There is a great lesson here for the rest of us. It is interesting to see that while we all have an opinion, some of us don't have a clue!

turtlejimmy likes this.
  6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I am so very sorry you don't have a clue -- so at least try a little humor (or as the Aussies say Humour), and quit taking life so seriously -- you are likely to get an ulcer. and as rowuk says -- trumpet players give ulcers we don't get them --- so lighten up, live a little -- and above all don't tell anyone here you are really a drummer.. ROFL ROFL ROFL Hey did you here about the guy who wanted to be a world class musician???? Oh that was the drummer who fell asleep and was dreaming. ROFL ROFL ROFL

7. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC

yes.

8. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    My thoughts exactly!

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    No - it's just that we are always correct - despite what the naysayers think.

10. MTROSTER

MTROSTER Piano User

Jan 25, 2007
    Canada
    Blue