Are trumpet players opinionated?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpet Dreamer, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    I enjoy a good laugh, even when it is at my own expense. If you can do the same, good for you! And if you can't, perhaps someone here will tell you where to go...

This is all in jest and good humor. The thread was started with a serious intent, but with a bit of humor as the focal point also.

2. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US

Good answer

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    loud

4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    I like my socks to be quiet - so they don't interfer with the music - but I do wear them inside out - rationale? well the colour is the same, and that little seam across the toes is much less intrusive when on the outside of the sock(s) than in there with my tooties. It's a Down-under thing really - but try turning your hose inside out - you may convert like I have - my tooties are now really comfy.

Are we still on the subject, or have I gone all tangental on you and wandered off again ..... nah, wouldn't happen.:huh:

On another note (see back on musical track) my #1 Son steps out with a young flutist, clarinetist, saxophonist girl thing who wears different coloured socks each time and swears she has an identical pair at home - how does THAT work?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  5. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Girl thing? Is she undecided or something? :huh:

6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Most definitely not - but as I have three brothers, and both my kids are male, (in fact 66% of the children in my family over the last 7 generations are male) then to have a girl in the house is somewhat of a novelty (I've kept a good one for myself) - so they generally get the title "Girl-Thing" until they pass all the tests we can think up.

7. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    I'm not sure I understand - different colour on each foot (right foot red, left foot blue, say) or a different colour every time you see her? If you mean the first, then it is likely that she has a red pair and a blue pair and wears one from each pair, leaving the unworn socks at home. If you mean the second, then I can only imagine that she has many pairs of pairs of socks and that you haven't met her often enough (yet) that she's had to wear a colour which you have already seen her in.

Offtopic for sure, but this could be an important point to resolve quickly lest too many TMers are distracted from their daily practice wondering about it.

--bumblebee

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    OH, seriously --- I missed the point --- I thought this was all about being opinionated -- I am soooo bad, sooo very bad, I tawt i taw a puddy taht!!!!!!!!!!!

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Well Bumbleybee - it could be either - she has LOTs of socks but my memory is failing more and more all the time .... what was the question?

10. MVF

MVF Pianissimo User

Sep 10, 2010
    SoCal
    So close and yet so far! Let's fix this- We're just right. (period!) And generous enough to share our superior knowledge with those less fortunate. Anyone who disagrees will simply be shouted down- we are trumpet players!